Xbox One New Call of Duty Title Leaked By PSN

SashaS

Turns out the PlayStation network accidentally leaked the next Call of Duty title on their store and most fans will probably be disappointed to hear that its going to be called Inifnite Warfare. Not World At War II, not Modern Warfare 4, not Ghosts II, nope... Inifnite Warfare.

This further substantiates the possibility of the next Call of Duty being space-themed as earlier rumors would suggest. When shot, a projectile travels through space forever and I guess that could be a reason as to why they would go with Infinite Warfare. Apparently there will also be a Modern Warfare remastered DLC, which sounds pretty cool, but we'll believe it when we see it I guess.

Thoughts?

It has just been confirmed by popular COD YouTuber Ali-A that Infinite Warfare is indeed the next title and it will be available for pre-order for $75. What is interesting is that they are also including a Modern Warfare 1 DLC! So I guess they have answered the prayers of a lot of fed up players.

I'm more concerned with the price tag of $75 to be honest! Not only have they ignored what the majority of gamers wanted, it's also at a top of the range price.

I'm not saying it won't sell, because I've no doubt it will, but the question really is, should it?

Games are getting more expensive by the month and to be honest I do understand it. Firstly, game developers are a business and the aim of a business is to make as much money as possible. So it makes sense that they would want to make their products as expensive but at the same time still sell-able as possible. Secondly, modern games require a lot of work and high budgets to make, hence the need to increase the price.

But you are pretty much getting two games in one since the $75 package comes with the Modern Warfare 1 DLC. Assuming you can afford a PS4/Xbox 1/ powerful enough gaming PC and everything that goes with it, $75 shouldn't be a major problem for a game(s) you can play for months/years.

There's no way they're charging a full 75 for it unless it's some sort of special edition. I know COD is the most profitable game series as of right now, however that's not just a five dollar or even ten dollar increase it's a fifteen dollar increase. Or maybe this is because this how much it'll cost in another country outside the U.S. (I'm not too knowledgeable on how much games cost in other parts of the world).

The $75 price is most likely for the pre-order only and does include Modern Warfare 1 Remastered. This essentially means you're getting 2 games for that price and if you look at it that way then I guess you can say its worth it. Infinite Warfare will most likely continue the trend AW and BO III set and be a game with high replay value and longevity, which most players will see as an investment as you can play the game (especially multiplayer) for a long time without getting bored or tired of it.

I hope it's only for the preorder since if they go through with this is it's going to set a dangerous precedent for the industry, especially multiplayer focused games.

Just gotta hope it's worth it at $75. The title definitely is interesting, I wonder what they're aiming for with this version? I have seen so many different opinions on where they are going that this just confuses me even more...maybe pure dlc based future?

Whatever makes the most money I guess. There is so much DLC in games lately that its becoming a staple of every commercial AAA title. I remember games like GTA San Andreas where you had to complete certain objectives to get access to certain content in the game, now you have to complete a transaction.

I'm not sure that it necessarily follows that just because you can afford an Xbox ONE or PlayStation 4, then you should be able to afford the $75 for a game without a problem aswell.

People still don't want to be ripped off, and just because we can afford an Xbox ONE, shouldn't mean that the game developers should cash in and milk us for as many dollars as they can.

Last edited:
Back