Xbox One 'Next-Gen' Games Aren't selling that well on Amazon

Basically, this is just the typical development around new console launches. There's so many expectations. Many of these journalists expect that there's a revolution or something. But in hindsight, it's just starting.

And seriously, this is just Amazon's point of view, not the other retailers. So it might not sell well for them but how about the other retailers? There's still a lot they haven't asked.

I think the situation is pretty normal, the launch titles are never that great and this new generation especially there hasn't been any game to really show off the capabilities of the new consoles.
I expect Titanfall will be a big success when it launches and we will see the sales numbers rise steadily.

Honestly, I'm not that surprised. The console market is getting a-lot of hype, but in reality it is beginning to dry up. I think major console manufacturers should make the wise choice and become operating systems instead of hardware/software bundles.

More and more people are buying games from Amazon though. I know I do, please I'm not a fan of going into stores and purchasing them on launch. However, I don't really think that this is that big of a deal. As it's been pointed out, the many people already own the big name titles so why would you buy them again on Amazon?

More and more people are buying games from Amazon though. I know I do, please I'm not a fan of going into stores and purchasing them on launch. However, I don't really think that this is that big of a deal. As it's been pointed out, the many people already own the big name titles so why would you buy them again on Amazon?

Well next gen consoles were selling at a thousand consoles a minute at the height of Amazon sales. Clearly there's plenty of sales to be had there. I think most people bought the consoles themselves and then asked for games as presents for the holidays

The problem isn't the console sales it's that not as many people are buying the games and as silvananoir said why would they. If you already own the games on the 360 or PS3 why would you buy brand new copies when you can just upgrade it? It's just silliness, also and someone mentioned this earlier if a game doesn't make GTA or COD money then it's a failure. I mean Tomb Raider did great in sales but because it didn't match COD or GTA then the gaming press and analysts called it a failure when it wasn't.

Yeah, expectations rise with each generation. It's expected and they should rise, but they should still be realistic and not just run with COD or GTA as the overall definition of failure and success. At least use COD and GTA as the definition for third party titles online.

Makes sense seeing as you said most are just versions already available or kind of so-so launch titles, they will probably pick up once some of the newer IP's, sequels, etc... come along.

Of course, it's been like this since the 3rd generation of consoles when launch title line ups became an actual thing. It's like journalists want "next gen" consoles to have early gen launch line ups. Games are becoming harder to make now, you're going to get one or the other at launch.

In relation to OP, obviously there won’t be a monumental shift towards any sales pitch on next-gen consoles. In the long term, there’s definitely going to be a larger success with sales from online companies like Amazon. There are so many factors that ties into the low sales statistics, especially considering the lineups are currently limited for the time being.

The more people find convincing titles, the more they’re willing to invest into next-gen. And honestly, going for the long and gradual route of waiting things out before buying isn’t really something rare to do in the first place. I won’t be too surprised if there’s some new renovations to the Xbox One (i.e. like how they did the Elite with XBOX 360) that may be better.

And considering how storage is a prevalent issue, it’s subtle things like this that would throw some people off from buying the consoles in the first place. And taking into consideration of the type of audience, clearly veteran gamers will be content with their older systems for the time being.

If one has been gaming for so long, at some point they’ll accumulate an experiential learning of how the trends in the games they play always have some kind of relative feature in the rudiments. So either people are just getting smarter and waiting things out instead of being steadfast into buying things, or something else entirely.

If one has been gaming for so long, at some point they’ll accumulate an experiential learning of how the trends in the games they play always have some kind of relative feature in the rudiments. So either people are just getting smarter and waiting things out instead of being steadfast into buying things, or something else entirely.

I'd say it's people are getting smarter. You still have that chunk of people who just have to have the new thing now and have to sit and wait for the titles to catch up with the hardware, but there are people who go "Well hell, those launch games aren't anything special really. I can wait awhile."

People are definitely catching on that they should wait it out for a new console, but it's that small amount who follow games. The gamers who don't follow gaming news not so much.

Well I guess it's because some of the games are already available on digital. So the orders on amazon had an impact with that fact. Plus buying it from amazon and getting it on some other site doesn't make a difference. Because most of them have the same price.

While digital is a significant factor, I think it just rests more on most of the launch lineup for both consoles are available on an (older, but still dependable) console they have at the moment. No use in buying a brand new console to play games available on the previous generation really. Get that console when games for that console drop.

Well, the installed user base is much smaller on next gen. Lets see the Xbox 360. It has sold more than 80 million. On the other hand, the Xbox One has sold only 3 million or so. In 2-4 years, they will be more than ever. I think this gen will sell more than the PS2.

Well, the installed user base is much smaller on next gen. Lets see the Xbox 360. It has sold more than 80 million. On the other hand, the Xbox One has sold only 3 million or so. In 2-4 years, they will be more than ever. I think this gen will sell more than the PS2.

That's possible. Seeing many sold consoles since November already gives out a chance that this generation will have a lot more sold than the the last 2 generations. Surprising to me.

Well I guess it's because some of the games are already available on digital. So the orders on amazon had an impact with that fact. Plus buying it from amazon and getting it on some other site doesn't make a difference. Because most of them have the same price.

That's true. Digital sales are becoming more and more relevant in sales these last few years so you can't really say it's a failure. It's only a launch. It's not like it was going to sell like hot cakes anyway.

Also, think about this: the amount of launch games were small too. So it's not expected they can sell a lot. Just give it time and yeah, install base is small like what sidd230 said.

Also, think about this: the amount of launch games were small too. So it's not expected they can sell a lot. Just give it time and yeah, install base is small like what sidd230 said.

I agree. There isn't much to pick from. When both systems hit their stride, you'll see the numbers grow.

J

I don't think that it was the amount was small (it wasn't PS2 sized), but this time there were a few more than X360's US release. I think it's that there just weren't many quality titles to pick up.

Back