Xbox 360 "No thanks, i will wait for the GOTY edition."

BlackSolaris

How many of you think this way?

Because i do it all the time, mostly because i don't have money to kick around like that.
I already saved money on waiting for the following games releasing a "GOTY edition" with all the DLC.

- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Red Dead Redemption
- Dragon's Dogma
- Street Fighter 4
- Fallout 3
- Battlefield 3

Probably going to do it with GTA5 too, no regrets!

Yeah, and if they get no GotY award they will just go with "Ultimate" Edition or something like that. Hell, I love Borderlands 2 but I can't recommend it to anyone. I find the DLC to be excellent and almost necessary, but it's so expensive that I tell people to just wait for a GotY edition so they can get it for cheap. BL1 got a GotY edition too, so I don't doubt that BL2 will get one too, anyway.

There are ones that are simply surprising, though. Like Dead Island: GotY Edition. That game didn't even get a GotY award! And the DLCs kinda suck too... and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I didn't see that one coming! Hell, when they announced Dark Arisen I expected it to be a DLC. They at least are selling it at $40 or so and I didn't mind double-dipping for Dragon's Dogma, since the game is AWESOME (I am mad, though, cuz they removed the j-rock song from the main menu).

But yeah, I think that waiting for those "Ultimate" and "GotY" editions is a great idea and most games seem to be getting such bundles nowadays... I'm sure many people have a big enough backlog to be able to ignore new releases for a while, too! (specially compulsive buyers that play on PC... those steam sales, man)

You read my mind! I am very proud of myself for resisting the urge to buy Skyrim until an edition with the DLC came out. And recently, I've been rewarded, with the Legendary Edition that got announced for June with all DLC plus bonus features. Also, has GTA 4 really not gotten a GOTY edition after 5 years? Wow.

I'm the same way, and a lot of it is because of financial reasons for me, as well. I don't see any reason not to be like that, though. It's never hurt me :p.

You read my mind! I am very proud of myself for resisting the urge to buy Skyrim until an edition with the DLC came out. And recently, I've been rewarded, with the Legendary Edition that got announced for June with all DLC plus bonus features. Also, has GTA 4 really not gotten a GOTY edition after 5 years? Wow.

Oh man, thanks for reminding me about the Skyrim Legendary Edition. I didn't pick Skyrim early because I KNEW this would happen. I also knew the game was gonna a buggy, glitch mess, since it's Bethesda and all, so I was also waiting for it to be fixed up, heheh.

I find it kinda shameful that they can release such an amazingly buggy game and get GOTY awards...

I usually get everything on the first version and never wait to get the GOTY edition. Only because most DLCs for most games I can live without. The only games that have come out with DLC that I feel I need have been Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Red Dead Redemption. Since I own both Fallouts on the PC, and are much better for the PC, I just got the DLC for my PC. RDR, however, is the only game that I have gotten DLC for and I don't regret it, its DLC was spot on. The only other DLC I've been thinking of getting is for GTA IV but at this point I think I will wait for the GOTY version...if it ever comes out.

I sometimes have this mentality if I don't have money to spend on a game. I'd say to myself "there would be a Game of the Year edition and it would be much better than the original". It's a way of reassuring myself and saying that everything will be alright even if everybody in the gaming world are already enjoying the game while I'm stuck with my old games.

It did, it's called "Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition". Still didn't bought it because the price still hasn't dropped.

Back