Xbox 360 None Spoiler Review of Fable 3

Murray

From
Midwest US
The fact that Fable is coming to the One made me realize that I wanted to write my peace about this game.

All of my friends know that I've been a fan of the Fable Formula for some time. You start out as a whelp and you become a dragon. Its so simple but the complexity behind the journey and how you get to that point is the beauty of Fable.

Fable III is no different.

Fable III starts off with you running about like a mad man showing everyone how awesome you are. The tutorial, like most Fables, is accompanied by a fun video that has forbidding foreshadowing in it. The game starts after you make a decision that will kind of set who you are for the game. Its not a concrete this is your personality but its one of those no win situations that Fable is known for. Then everything is available to you.

Fable III follows the path of the previous Fable by having an economy in game that's constantly revolving around the decisions of the player. When you buy realestate, when you purchase products, when you sell them, when you give deals, when you break people's hearts. All of that is going to affect the world around you. Its a wonderful thing too because that's what we signed up for.

You're given another fury companion. Your dog. This dog will make you or break you, seriously you'll find all sorts of awesome stuff with his help or you might end up being the guy whose dog gets crushed in every single fight. Don't be that guy.

Fable is entirely playable from moment one. You can ignore everything else except completing story missions but I will warn you it leaves you desperately wanting of resources for the second half of the game. The secondaries in this game is the most important. From taking care of your properties to making sure you have amassed a brilliant mix of treasures and powers.

Fable is an open slate, you have a story to finish but you can do it however you wish. You can help who you want and you can be just as evil as you want to be.

Comparatively, this game is not as good as previous editions but its hard to bottle lightening like this.

For the price you pay for it now a days you'll end up getting an amazing value out of the game.

A 3.5 out of 5

Things I took points off for:

Graphically there's not a lot of enhancement
The game lacks in a strong case for the second half to exist
There's a way to win the game... seriously only one way I would suggest, it lacks options which is what Fable is about
The gestures are annoying, we're ready to move on from them.
Mechanically, nothing new but nothing horrible

Back