Original Xbox Original Xbox vs. PS2

Well, I'm more in favor of the Xbox. I've played with the PS2 before and the graphics in the Xbox is far superior. But what I really liked about the PS2 are the games, yes both consoles have a very strong line up of games, but the PS2 has, I think more great games than the Xbox.

I had both consoles and to think about it I think that both consoles were really good. Although they were both good though I really think that the original xbox stood out more then the PS2. I really enjoyed playing tekken on the PS2 though that was really a lot of fun but I think that the original xbox wins it in my honest opinion.

PS2 by a country mile. While PS2 fell short in the graphics department to GC and Xbox (and some of those early games fell to DC), load times to GC (who was mainly faster due to smaller discs having less data to go through), being online ready out the box (the other three were ready, no adapter or whatever needed), and being local multiplayer ready (give it to DC and GC), it steamrolled everything twice over when it came to game lineup and mainstream appeal.

It also helped that only PlayStation (and Nintendo) had Japan clinched at the time and was the RPG console of that period.

PS2 without a doubt ever. It had the Ace Combat trilogy and I played the ever living heck out of this games! The rpg variety was not as great as psx but it still had great games like Dark Cloud 2 so yeah easily the ps2.

PS2 dominated its generation. It had most of the games and a lot pf variety. Xbox and Gamecube were good but they couldn't compete with the PS2's catalog.

PS2 dominated its generation. It had most of the games and a lot pf variety. Xbox and Gamecube were good but they couldn't compete with the PS2's catalog.

That's what I loved about the PS2. It was a buffet of games. There's console defining ones, cult ones, ones everyone loved, ones that only a handful loved, ones everyone hated, most genres represented--all of that.

I agree with the people saying the Sony PlayStation 2 dominated the gaming industry during it's time. The amount of amazing titles available for the PlayStation 2 were almost limitless. GTA, Shadow of Colossus are just two of them.

Back