PC gaming is for Geeks

Yeah, PC gamers are geeks. I agree with this because unlike console gaming, playing on a computer requires plenty of knowledge on some technical aspects and patience. When I switch over to my console, I feel really at ease. It doesn't require you to set graphics, worry about frames per second or ask you to allow firewall access!!! Just switch it on, start playing and switch off. As simple as that, at least in my opinion. Moreover, there are mods besides hardware stuff to be taken into consideration than just gaming. So, a bit of being a nerd helps you to be a PC gamer. :D

If by geek you mean getting the superior gaming experience then sure. PC's have the opportunity to have better hardware and buy cheaper games, playing online doesn't cost you anything and you often have the opportunity to play indie games that you bought directly from the devs, this benefits both the players and the gaming industry. Consoles are definitely the most convenient way to play, but you want the full experience, then PC gaming is the only way to go.

Yeah, PC gamers are geeks. I agree with this because unlike console gaming, playing on a computer requires plenty of knowledge on some technical aspects and patience. When I switch over to my console, I feel really at ease. It doesn't require you to set graphics, worry about frames per second or ask you to allow firewall access!!! Just switch it on, start playing and switch off. As simple as that, at least in my opinion. Moreover, there are mods besides hardware stuff to be taken into consideration than just gaming. So, a bit of being a nerd helps you to be a PC gamer. :D

Well not really Uash, at least not from my experience.
While I won't say I don't know a few things about computers I am most certainly not an expert. Also where are you getting most of these ideas as a lot of them seem kind of fake; while you certainly have to know if your computer can handle a game it's really not that hard to figure out if you just google it. I can't say I understand what you mean when you say patience, because while if you use Steam you certainly can't just buy a game and start playing it doesn't require much to sit around or do something else while it downloads.

I really don't understand the whole concept of anything computer related being geeky or nerdy. Most people are connected to their gadgets today. Wouldn't you say that all of society is pretty much nerdier than they were 20 years ago? We have evolved into a society who can't get enough of social media and online games. I'd say we're just a whole group of nerds and weirdos.

The only thing that being a PC fan makes you is - a richer person. Yes, you have to pay for the internet and live on the xbox.

But a normal PC costs over 1000$, plus you have to pay for the internet, you have to buy keyboards, mouses, sound-devices, earphones..
The only cheaper thing on PC are the games, and its only thanks to steam - they have many sales that drop games down by 75% or even 90%. Even as we speak, skyrim is beind sold for 40% off.

I'm guessing it also makes Pc users nerdier because of the freedom they have, while the xbox users are listening to "the man". On the xbox - you have very limited features, you're not even allowed to get into the game files!

Since I associate "geek" with passion, I actually agree. PC gamers tend to be passionate about gaming, so I'd call them geeks, although only in the derogatory sense if they're militantly elitist.

As for me, I'm definitely a geek; and my taste for games is extremely diverse.

Back