PC Gaming Is Still Popular

Zelda

I always laugh when I see headlines in magazines asking if PC gaming is dead or something to that effect. I guess it's good for getting people to click on an article, but it's silly. Last year, PC gaming was an almost $20 billion industry. I think it's safe to say that it will be around for a long time.

I agree with this, I know several people that prefer PC Gaming, I don't think it will die for awhile.

I don't think it will die either. I can't believe that people are thinking it will. I know several people who love to PC game. I'm not one of them but I don't see my friends stopping anytime soon. I don't usually read those articles.

Another reason I don't think PC gaming is going anywhere is the PC itself. It's mind-boggling when you consider how far computers have advanced in the past 20 years. Playing games on the computer will keep changing because the platform is changing.

A lot of people think PC gaming is better than console gaming. My hubby is starting to prefer when games get released on the PC rather than the 360, because supposedly, it's a better online experience.

I think if anything the drop that some places have seen (like Blizzard for example) will push people harder to make games that everyone can enjoy for a longer time span. Yes they can always hit up the pre-teens and teens but after a bit that might get old.

Back