Playstation Plus

Claptrap

Who else out there is a proud PS+ member? I only have a Vita, so I can't get the full deal out of PS+ but I'm still loving it and this week they are giving me Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for my Vita. Love that PS+.

I'm pretty sure my husband and I had it at one point and it was definitely worth the money. There are always a lot of fantastic deals on there. I'm not sure if we ended up renewing it or not though, we've been on the 360 a lot more these days =p

My hubby had it for a while and I know he enjoyed the free games. Unfortunately, we both play our Xbox waaaay more than the PS3, so I think he let it lapse. It's good to see that Sony finally has a good online thing going though.

It has way more value than xbox live gold. They give out not only free games, but GOOD free games. That along with the free themes and such make it worth every penny you pay for it.

It has way more value than xbox live gold. They give out not only free games, but GOOD free games. That along with the free themes and such make it worth every penny you pay for it.

I pay for my Xbox live 50$ for one year and I paid all of my games. PS is giving free good games. Its obvious that Xbox Gold is more valuable, free vs 50$.

In my opinion it's a pretty good deal. $18 for 3 months and you'll get a lot of free games and stuff. But i think they should offer a little bit more quality games. I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription because I'm also paying for my Xbox Gold and I really don't use my PS3 as much as I use my Xbox. I would've probably continue this if I have a Vita.

So, March is pretty awesome for US PS+: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ch-update-spec-ops-the-line-free-for-members/

I only have a Vita myself, though, so all I really get this month is Disgaea 3, because Tekken 6 might as well be dead and buried considering Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is already out and is so much better. Still, Disgaea 3! Never got into the series but I was eyeing Disgaea 3. Now I won't have to pay for it. The Vita sales are great and the PS3 freebies are great too (I don't have a PS3, but they sure look like good games. Spec Ops is interesting and Joe Danger is always fun).

Speaking of the sales, $20 for UMvC3 Vita still seems kinda high but I'm interested. I'm looking into either UMvC3 Vita OR BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend + Knytt Underground. I love them fighting games, wish Persona 4 Arena was on Vita...

So, March is pretty awesome for US PS+: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ch-update-spec-ops-the-line-free-for-members/

I only have a Vita myself, though, so all I really get this month is Disgaea 3, because Tekken 6 might as well be dead and buried considering Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is already out and is so much better. Still, Disgaea 3! Never got into the series but I was eyeing Disgaea 3. Now I won't have to pay for it. The Vita sales are great and the PS3 freebies are great too (I don't have a PS3, but they sure look like good games. Spec Ops is interesting and Joe Danger is always fun).

Speaking of the sales, $20 for UMvC3 Vita still seems kinda high but I'm interesting. I'm looking into either UMvC3 Vita OR BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend + Knytt Underground. I love them fighting games, wish Persona 4 Arena was on Vita...

Those are pretty good deals, I bought disgaea for $19 on EBgames. The thing that I hate about the PS+ is that if you cancel your subscription, you won't be able to play those games again. Btw I'm just wondering, if you download free themes and and free avatar will you still be able to keep those?

Those are pretty good deals, I bought disgaea for $19 on EBgames. The thing that I hate about the PS+ is that if you cancel your subscription, you won't be able to play those games again. Btw I'm just wondering, if you download free themes and and free avatar will you still be able to keep those?

I dunno, myself. As a Vita-only user, I don't have themes OR avatars. I'd guess you would get to keep these at least, but you never know with Sony!

I dunno, myself. As a Vita-only user, I don't have themes OR avatars. I'd guess you would get to keep these at least, but you never know with Sony!

I sure hope so, because if I can get some pretty good games right now including Wild Arms (PS1 Classic) I`ll probably continue my subscription and I hope we can also use those for PS4.

Well, I just wanted to say that I'm really happy with the content we got for March. I only have a Vita, as I have mentioned, so all I really got was Disgaea 3 (Tekken 6 can go screw itself, I have Tag Tournament 2 on 360 already) but Disgaea 3 was a game that I was looking into but didn't want to pay $40 for. Now, I downloaded it recently and have played it a bit and so far I love it. Perhaps I have found a new franchise to love, since I never really got into Disgaea (I do not really like these tactics RPG games much) and it was basically "free". I am guessing that this is also one of the benefits of PS+ for devs and publishers: they expand their fanbase and so they get more buyers.

Anyway, even if I don't have a PS3, I saw that the PS3 got a Joe Danger game (I've played the first one which got ported to 360 and it's awesome) which I bet is a great game and they also got The Cave, which is very good IMO and also a fairly new game so that's great. I did not pay attention to discounts so I can't comment on that.

Really looking forward to Monday, as they should post an update telling up what we will be getting for April!

Really looking forward to Monday, as they should post an update telling up what we will be getting for April!

This should help.

[video=youtube;vqJ3GSYcEjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJ3GSYcEjc[/video]

Basically from memory it's Okami HD and Lord of the Rings: War in the North are the two main games this month.

Only have another month of Plus, so i expect the next month to be worth it. Okami HD will be good until then because i never got the chance to play the series before, and my friends keep bugging me to play that masterpiece.

This should help.

[video=youtube;vqJ3GSYcEjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJ3GSYcEjc[/video]

Basically from memory it's Okami HD and Lord of the Rings: War in the North are the two main games this month.

Well, that says UK so I'm guessing that's what Europe is getting and those are PS3 games (I haven't watched the video because my connection is being really slow right now, sorry). Since I don't have a PS3 and have a US account, I am wondering what Vita-owners in the US will get in April. Heheh, still thanks for the share. Not good for me but I'm sure someone else appreciates it.

One way or another, though, I do like to know what Europe gets too. Europe got MGS HD for Vita last month! I kinda want MGS: HD Collection for Vita from Plus, but I already have it on 360 so I guess Disgaea 3 is actually better for me... still, MGS2's millions of VR missions on a handheld? Damn! Other than that, Okami HD sounds great. Okami is an excellent game which I haven't beat (sadly!) so it's good to see that more people will get to enjoy such a great game.

Is Okami HD any good? I've never heard of the game but the art style intrigues me.

Well, that says UK so I'm guessing that's what Europe is getting and those are PS3 games (I haven't watched the video because my connection is being really slow right now, sorry). Since I don't have a PS3 and have a US account, I am wondering what Vita-owners in the US will get in April. Heheh, still thanks for the share. Not good for me but I'm sure someone else appreciates it.

One way or another, though, I do like to know what Europe gets too. Europe got MGS HD for Vita last month! I kinda want MGS: HD Collection for Vita from Plus, but I already have it on 360 so I guess Disgaea 3 is actually better for me... still, MGS2's millions of VR missions on a handheld? Damn! Other than that, Okami HD sounds great. Okami is an excellent game which I haven't beat (sadly!) so it's good to see that more people will get to enjoy such a great game.

Just came across this mate: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...s-april-update-demons-souls-free-for-members/

Looks like you guys get Demon's Souls this month! Not bad at all as I'd like to see what it's like.

Is Okami HD any good? I've never heard of the game but the art style intrigues me.
Okami is great game. It is similar to the Legend of Zelda, in a lot of ways, but I don't like LoZ that much and I like Okami a lot.

And yeah, I saw the US update for April. Man, I really wish I had a PS3 now. I wanna play Demon's Souls. Like, I've wanted to play it ever since it got announced. It doesn't help that I played Dark Souls, that just made me want it even more! The update is VERY weak for Vita-only subscribers, though. The one good game we get, Zombie Tycoon 2, is cool because it's a new game (it will be released on April 30th, apparently, so it will be released as a PS+ title right away) and it's cool that it's cross-buy so that it's for both PS3 and Vita owners.

But Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny? That's the obsolete version of a fighting game. The obsolete, lacking version of Soulcalibur 4. There's even a Soulcalibur 5 now! No reason to play Broken Destiny other than Kratos, but Aeon's moveset in SCV is pretty much the same. It's very annoying, and it's not even a Vita game. It's a PSP game. They did the same last month and gave us Tekken 6, I think, for PSP/Vita. The PSP version of Tekken 6 is decent but it's not as good as the console version and there's already Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I love fighting games, though, so I'm not complaining about them being fighting games. I just wish they gave us recent ones with online features instead of these outdated games. Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, for example. They are the latest version of the latest game in the franchise.

Speaking of, I'm guessing that at least PS3 will get a BlazBlue game as a freebie later this year, as BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (which is the latest announced game) will be released late this year and it would make sense to promote it by giving an older game as a freebie, like Team Ninja did with Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus before releasing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus.

The only reason I don't really really dislike this month, as a Vita-only subscriber, is because they gave us Disgaea 3 late last month. That game is the kinda game you can spend hundreds of hours on and still have a lot of stuff to do. It's fantastic. But I've already praised Disgaea 3 in this thread!

@ Claptrap: Thanks for your opinion on Okami. Might grab it, can't hurt if it's free...

Back