Red Cross Wants War Crimes Punished in Games

Yeah, I heard about this from a friend. They are insane. We go to games to do things that we can't do in the real world. That includes shooting up people, buildings, cars etc. It is why GTA V is so popular. I'm not on the same page with them at all. I think they are way out of line here.

No offense to you at all, but your argument is ignorant. They are not saying that GTA is bad. Or that shooting people is bad. They are saying war crimes in military games such as killing an innocent medic or civilians. Read my article.

I don't see this going anywhere and feel this is ridiculous as well. I've been playing these games my whole life and it hasn't influenced my behavior in a bit. If you don't like these games,then Red Cross, feel free to come out with a list of inappropriate games or something. That is why they have ESRB ratings. I was playing Leisure Suit Larry at an early age on the PC. I loved it! Did it make me dress scantily? No. Does playing CoD et.al. make me behave in a reckless, murderous way? No. Maybe they should also try giving virtual tickets to people for getting BJs from prostitutes in GTA as well...

Seriously though. It's getting them in the headlines. Great for them. Do I feel that I need to see a warning if I'm killing civilians in a video game to let me know that this is not good and I should go look up what happened in Fallujah to understand better about the terrible massacre of innocents there? No. Common sense allows me the knowledge to differentiate between truth and fiction, or in this case, a terrible event during a time of war and a video game.

I don't see this going anywhere and feel this is ridiculous as well. I've been playing these games my whole life and it hasn't influenced my behavior in a bit. If you don't like these games,then Red Cross, feel free to come out with a list of inappropriate games or something. That is why they have ESRB ratings. I was playing Leisure Suit Larry at an early age on the PC. I loved it! Did it make me dress scantily? No. Does playing CoD et.al. make me behave in a reckless, murderous way? No. Maybe they should also try giving virtual tickets to people for getting BJs from prostitutes in GTA as well...

Seriously though. It's getting them in the headlines. Great for them. Do I feel that I need to see a warning if I'm killing civilians in a video game to let me know that this is not good and I should go look up what happened in Fallujah to understand better about the terrible massacre of innocents there? No. Common sense allows me the knowledge to differentiate between truth and fiction, or in this case, a terrible event during a time of war and a video game.

I totally agree with just about everything you said, except that common sense does not apply to everyone. There are people who are unlike us who cant tell the difference between good and bad and reality and video games. This kind of article is targeted at them and not us. I've been playing games like this since I was about 12 and not once has it made me do something stupid other than drive cars over the speed limit, which was more due to my immaturity at the time. But that being said, when kids are maturing and their brains and hormones are going crazy, they tend to do stupid things and if they have been playing this games since they were 8 years old, you never know what they could do. You know?

Back