Xbox 360 Red Dot vs. Reflex Sight

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
What's the real difference between the red dot sights and reflex sights in Far Cry 3? Anyone know? I mean, has anyone found it to really make a difference? I know the red dot sights don't seem to block as much of the screen when playing. I usually just stick with the red dot sights due to my always using and preferring it in COD. I was just curious as to what everyone is using and if you've really seen a difference between the two or not.

Last edited:
I haven't seen much difference between the two, honestly, but I still like the red dot sight better. I prefer to use it over the reflex sight.

The red dot (4.5 MOA Dot reticle pattern) sight is supposed to be for long range/aim needs.

The larger/hollow red diamond style reflex sights are less precise, but they let you see the target. Shotguns, RPGs, sub-machine guns, and anything with close range will be well suited this type of sight.

In real life the difference is very tangible, but in the game they don't give you any perks for either one, so most people just stick with the red dot sight as it's most accurate.

The red dot (4.5 MOA Dot reticle pattern) sight is supposed to be for long range/aim needs.

The larger/hollow red diamond style reflex sights are less precise, but they let you see the target. Shotguns, RPGs, sub-machine guns, and anything with close range will be well suited this type of sight.

In real life the difference is very tangible, but in the game they don't give you any perks for either one, so most people just stick with the red dot sight as it's most accurate.

Thanks for the clarification, Wolfgang. :) I had been wondering about the difference between the two, as well. Like Jstep and Butterscotch, I've just been using the red dot sight.

Back