Reddit Thread "Leaks" Some Possible Xbox E3 Details

HuskyGlazier

A reddit thread was posted on the /r/xboxone subreddit where the author claims that he had early access to Microsoft's E3 Teaser Trailer, and he leaked some of the possible details. In this thread he mentioned some possible games that Microsoft would talk about and some of their details.
From the thread:
  • Rare is working on a new Battletoads (maybe just the Rare name though like at the Killer Instinct reveal trailer, game could also co-developed by another studio)
  • Sea of Thieves won't be a straight MMO, more like The Division/Destiny, seems like MS will give this game a huge focus, cross-play, cross-buy
  • FH3 set in Australia
  • General RAAM for Killer Instinct
  • Something Age of Empires (still not sure what exactly, prob new game)
  • Halo Wars 2 Beta is a thing, no cross-play mentioned
  • Zombie online game by MS, prob new State of Decay, could also be Dead Rising
  • Anniversary update will gets its own landing page on Xbox.com with the major features listed, prob "available now" at E3 for preview
  • References for mouse and keyboard Support found
  • I'm almost sure now on the new AoE game. Castle Siege has a different ID everywhere I found references.
  • There is a chance the zombie game is just DayZ. The exact title isn't listed (only genre tags etc) which is why I can't know it for sure.
  • Halo Wars 2 has tons of recent play session logs which lead me to the impression the Beta could be close.
  • Same for Crackdown 3.

The validity of this thread has been questioned, but it seems pretty credible and possible to me.
One thing that really excites me is Age of Empires. I loved that franchise on the PC, and I'd love to see how it does on the Xbox.
What are everyone else's reactions?

Via: Reddit

Wow, crazy to see AoE there yeah. Loving the battletoads thing, that's hilarious but makes me think it might be a fake.

Nothing good's going to come out of AOE since Ensemble Studios has been long disbanded.

Threads that we see such as this one, I tend to just take with a pinch of salt and while they're entertaining to read, I wouldn't have thought they're any more than that.

Lets just wait and see what gets announced, rather than getting our hopes up on articles like this, only to find out that they're way off the mark.

Exactly, leaks are great, but how many times has a leak been wrong? How many people want to troll the Internet? Maybe its true, maybe it isn't, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. You're going to have to wait regardless, the info is often next-to-worthless

A lot of the so called leaks aren't even leaks in the first place. They're deliberately released by the game developers or console makers to drum up a bit of interest. Making them look like your getting inside information often makes people think they're special and makes them take more notice.

Seriously, and nobody even mentioned the One S. That alone makes it seem like there is a bit of fudging going on, and even the leak doesn't really say much about important things people care about, just obscure tidbits at best

You often find that's the case with the so called leaks. You'll see a ckickbait headline for example luring you in, but when you actually read the article it doesn't actually tell you anything new.

Gaming is a popular hobby these days, and people are always after the latest breaking news. A lot of the media have latched on to that and often print 'breaking news' that isn't exactly anything new or as any credibility.

lol. I want to try to make my own leak. I'll just frame it right, say it on reddit and watch the people start talking. I'll make it scandalous, piss people off and force them to release real details :) It'll be so badass.

I think that's what a lot if people do to be honest when you see the state of some of the articles being written.

Make sure you include the words maybe, possibly and probably a lot just to make sure you aren't sued and you'll be laughing. I wonder how many articles have gone viral on BS information? Bet it's a lot.

I'm gonna do it. I'm just gonna do it, mark my words. Look for the words "white ninja" and you will know it was my fake leak, lol. And thus the white ninja leak was born.

That's one of the problems these days with the internet and it pretty much being open access for everyone. There's loads of blogs and sites these days that are only written for clicks, and the truth isn't necessarily the most important thing to some people.

Yeah, some of them have been fake but quite convincing. I was thinking that if I were to make a leak, I have to frame it in such a way that it seems plausible, but it has to be released as if it were authentic. The only way it would spread is through promotion.

Like we've already said, I think there are that many so called leaks around these days that the one thing they have to be at least is believable otherwise you'll be found out straightaway.

Coming out with something mind blowing might have worked a few years ago, but people are a lot more wider these days and don't believe everything they read online.

Well I did think it was pretty telling that thread was in question in terms of its validity, but if it does come back to be true that is some pretty interesting stuff. I guess when it comes to leaks I am just never sure anymore if it is something that the company wants out there, or it truly is a leak. Either way, I guess the consumer wins in the end, so that is a good thing. Thanks for sharing.

I'm so ready for Halo Wars 2, I've been wanting to hear more about it, but after doing as much research as I could, I'm just on chill mode. No one is proving to have good enough news about it.

I love Killer Instinct, it will be cool to see a new game, the last time I played it was on the SNES, I have the rom on my laptop.

Well I did think it was pretty telling that thread was in question in terms of its validity, but if it does come back to be true that is some pretty interesting stuff. I guess when it comes to leaks I am just never sure anymore if it is something that the company wants out there, or it truly is a leak. Either way, I guess the consumer wins in the end, so that is a good thing. Thanks for sharing.

Most of the so called 'leaks' are in fact press releases from the actual company involved, rather than an actual exclusive or 'leak' as such. Game developers and to some extent, console manufacturers want people t think that they have been given information that they shouldn't be privileged to, and it's all part of the marketing.

Advertising and marketing have come a long way and if these companies can drive attention to their products any way they can then they will do it.

Why would it only be leaked only on reddit, I'm sure if it had some credibility you would see it in more places on the net. This would be blogging heaven if it was true, there wouldn't be a gaming blog out there that wouldn't mention it.

Back