Retro-Completionist Looking for Recon Armor-Enabled Live Account

PlatypusEgg

Hello everyone, I'd like to preface this by saying that I am new to this site, and hope this unusual request doesn't go outside the bounds of forum etiquette. I took a look at the forum rules, and didn't see any red flags.

Anyway, my request is pretty simple. I'm an avid 100% completionist gamer who only recently turned my attention to the Halo series, and found it to be far more fun and engaging than I could've expected. I've played my way up to the third one, all on original hardware, but I've hit a hurdle. As I understand it, one of the helmets in Halo 3's multiplayer, specifically Recon, is no longer obtainable, since its unlock trigger had to go through Bungie's now-deprecated Halo site. If that's the case, the only way to acquire it would be to get my hands on an Xbox account with it already unlocked. Since 343 apparently gifted it to everyone before Bungie's servers went down, I was hoping that someone might have a spare Recon-activated Xbox Live account they're no longer using and would be willing to part with, for the sake this series' newest fan. Ideally, it'd have as few achievements on it as possible, so that I can experience those unlocks for myself. I'm aware that re-releases exist with all content unlocked, but to me, playing the original game on its original console is fundamental to the experience.

Back