Rockstar *SUPPOSEDLY* Taking action on GTA5 Online glitchers

Jameson

So i was talking to a few people and reading on some forums, and apparently Rockstar wants to take action against the people using the car selling glitch to get more online money. I think its pretty ridiculous that they want to punish people for their own mistake considering probably 1/4th of the userbase has already used this glitch and they didnt bother testing more stuff like this before online actually came out. I got all my levels and money legit but when everyone else started glitching i figured "Well why should they get money for not even trying and im stuck with a fraction of what they have?" Its not very fair.

Rockstar is just turning into a bunch of sellouts and im seriously starting to lose all my respect for them. Theyre really making such a big deal out of people grinding missions and glitching just because because they want people to pay real money for a small amount of their in game money? I remember how hard it was to level up in GTA IV and when you did level up you actually felt accomplished. There were no shortcuts for you to get better stuff than you deserved and there were never any stupid problems like this because of that.

What do you guys think on Rockstar's reaction to all their recent screw ups?

Also i just want to add that i have not seen an official source of them saying this, but its the biggest rumor spreading around.

I think its pretty ridiculous that they want to punish people for their own mistake considering probably 1/4th of the userbase has already used this glitch and they didnt bother testing more stuff like this before online actually came out. I got all my levels and money legit but when everyone else started glitching i figured "Well why should they get money for not even trying and im stuck with a fraction of what they have?" Its not very fair.

Hmmm, maybe because its CHEATING.

It's funny you say you take advantage of a glitch and then call Rockstars actions unfair.

If the bank accidentally left a vault open with noone to guard it, would it be ok for you to go in and grab some money?
People scam things all the time on ebay and amazon, maybe you should go do that too...

if you let a glitch like this run rampant it ruins the game economy. Suddenly EVERYONE is rich so youre not accomplishing anything to buy that expensive piece or whatever.

There was a forza glitch a while back that let people multiply money fairly quickly. Suddenly everyone was rich. Soon thereafter, every car on the auction house was 10 million dollars. Some people refused to cheat, so they couldnt afford the 10 million dollar cars, no biggie, they just kept playing with what they had and stopped playing online, against people with unlimited money. THATS unfair, but you know what forza did? they caught all the cheaters, everyone who had unrealistic amounts of money and reset their cash down to a certain amount. this leveled the playing field a bit, so everyone could play online again, even those who chose not to cheat.

Rockstar developed this game and when you play online, youre basically licensing the rights to play online. For that reason Rockstar retains a ton of rights, including the right to do whatever they what with your online account. Stopping cheating, even when it was a result of their mistakes falls is just as wrong as the bank having you arrested because you walked in and took 100 grand even though they screwed up and left the vault open and the alarm off.

Hmmm, maybe because its CHEATING.

It's funny you say you take advantage of a glitch and then call Rockstars actions unfair.

If the bank accidentally left a vault open with noone to guard it, would it be ok for you to go in and grab some money?
People scam things all the time on ebay and amazon, maybe you should go do that too...

if you let a glitch like this run rampant it ruins the game economy. Suddenly EVERYONE is rich so youre not accomplishing anything to buy that expensive piece or whatever.

There was a forza glitch a while back that let people multiply money fairly quickly. Suddenly everyone was rich. Soon thereafter, every car on the auction house was 10 million dollars. Some people refused to cheat, so they couldnt afford the 10 million dollar cars, no biggie, they just kept playing with what they had and stopped playing online, against people with unlimited money. THATS unfair, but you know what forza did? they caught all the cheaters, everyone who had unrealistic amounts of money and reset their cash down to a certain amount. this leveled the playing field a bit, so everyone could play online again, even those who chose not to cheat.

Rockstar developed this game and when you play online, youre basically licensing the rights to play online. For that reason Rockstar retains a ton of rights, including the right to do whatever they what with your online account. Stopping cheating, even when it was a result of their mistakes falls is just as wrong as the bank having you arrested because you walked in and took 100 grand even though they screwed up and left the vault open and the alarm off.

These are all really good points but i think you missed the point where im trying to say they only care about the glitchers for MONEY. In Red Dead Redemption online they didnt care if people hacked to level 50 and im pretty sure people did it in GTA IV. But now that micro transactions are a thing theyre freaking out because they just want more and more money. Theres no doubt they need the money from their games to make even better games but theyre really just being nothing but sellouts right now. Instead of seeing their fans as an actually community theyre just starting to see us as cash machines.

Also you can say that they have the rights to online and i mean why wouldnt they, but the point of online is to get people to play on it and right now the people who have played on it have experienced tons of problems, server glitches, and mission nerfs. EVERYONE is glitching to make up for all the crap theyve been put through lol. I dont like it but i understand why its happening.

Ive never been for glitches ever when playing games and i basically even stopped playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer when i found out that all people do is rocket glitch, but theres definitely something that makes me not care about this one. Probably R*'s lack of respect for its community.

I agree with both of you. If there wasnt an on-line economy then it would be no big deal because your millions wouldnt effect my investing.
But on the other hand where is the on-line economy? Is it ever going to be working? Where are the crew cash heists? Without these major cash making incomes,players have succumbed to this. I dont agree with it but its out there in every game.

Its real crazy to think someone would have the time to figure out some of the glitches. The latest vehicle re-selling takes alot of precise steps for it to work.

These are all really good points but i think you missed the point where im trying to say they only care about the glitchers for MONEY. In Red Dead Redemption online they didnt care if people hacked to level 50 and im pretty sure people did it in GTA IV. But now that micro transactions are a thing theyre freaking out because they just want more and more money. Theres no doubt they need the money from their games to make even better games but theyre really just being nothing but sellouts right now. Instead of seeing their fans as an actually community theyre just starting to see us as cash machines.

Also you can say that they have the rights to online and i mean why wouldnt they, but the point of online is to get people to play on it and right now the people who have played on it have experienced tons of problems, server glitches, and mission nerfs. EVERYONE is glitching to make up for all the crap theyve been put through lol. I dont like it but i understand why its happening.

Ive never been for glitches ever when playing games and i basically even stopped playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer when i found out that all people do is rocket glitch, but theres definitely something that makes me not care about this one. Probably R*'s lack of respect for its community.

I never played Red Dead Redemption, did leveling glitches increase power or other attributes? If its anything like other GTA games, power attributes arent changed by leveling GTA 5 either. So, you could be new to the game or have beat it 10 times and your player will still die just as easily. The deciding factor would normally be your skill level. Now, if youre a new to the game player and youve glitched and have all the guns, armor and ammo, plus nice cars and you run into a guy who has played for a while but refuses to cheat and maybe doesnt have as much cash for guns ammo and armor, its going to be easier for you to a) out gun him b) put a hit on him.

Also, of course, if they have micro transaction of course theyre going to be angry when people take advantage of that. Rockstar is not a charity, its a for profit company. Do you think coca cola shrugs off a broken coke machine that suddenly decided to start giving away free drinks? In the grand scheme of things those are micro transactions. (i understand coke machines are independently owned and it would the the individual machine owner who would lose out but im trying to make a point here.)

Also, i love it when companies get big to the point where everyone demands more, and the only way to give more is more money, and then the companies get called sellouts. Do you think an independent game developer could bring you a game on the scale of GTA V? These things cost money. The simple solution is dont cheat!

I agree with both of you. If there wasnt an on-line economy then it would be no big deal because your millions wouldnt effect my investing.
But on the other hand where is the on-line economy? Is it ever going to be working? Where are the crew cash heists? Without these major cash making incomes,players have succumbed to this. I dont agree with it but its out there in every game.

Its real crazy to think someone would have the time to figure out some of the glitches. The latest vehicle re-selling takes alot of precise steps for it to work.
Boredom is a hell of a drug...

Enough time and enough boredom and youd be surprised at the crazy stuff people can figure out. Back when halo was still newish, my brother and I found out that throwing grenades at specific points under the rear of the Warthog would catapult it to tremendous heights. There was actually a spot you could stand on as well that would catapult you with it and not kill you. Made for amazing sniper perches.

Later my brother and his friend found were playing halo 2 and found out that if you equipped the rocket launcher and the sword, and quickly alternated pressing two buttons, that you could FLY. i cant remember which two buttons but it was amazing to see

I really enjoy seeing when people complain about a certain company, that they sold out. While there is a lot of bad choices in the current industry, what do you want Rockstar to do, go through each case one by one? Make a system that is bound to fail and cause more harm than well? There is always a con, don't forget that.

Back