Xbox One [Rumor] Included headset in the Xbox One?

ozadin

This article says that Microsoft did another reversal because of all the hate and comments towards them for not including a headset. They will now include a headset based on rumors.

The Xbox One hardware bundle will now include the Xbox One console featuring a 500GB hard disk drive and Blu-ray player, the new version of Kinect, a HDMI cable, and a redesigned wireless controller in addition to a wired Chat Headset. This package will be available from an unspecified date in November 2013, with a recommended retail price (RRP) of £429 GBP.

Source: Xbox One November Launch & Hardware Bundle Contents Confirmed [Updated] | Electronic Theatre

I kinda wish they didn't include one, just because it would lower the amount of stupid kids yelling stuff online.

I say this is good news. However, it all depends on if people actually use the headset instead of the Kinect. My main concern about not having a headset with the console is the fact that people will instead use the Kinect to chat through the game. If anyone else is familiar with how the kinect chat sounds during a game of call of duty, its annoying. Hopefully they fixed the game volume through the tv from playing into the kinect and tearing up everyone's ear drums.

It turns out that this rumor has been debunked and so far Microsoft hasn't officially changed their stance on not including a headset along with the Xbox One. So basically it doesn't seem likely that they will change but who's to say they won't? I mean it would be nice add something along but at the same time, I realize a lot of gamers might go ahead and purchase something of a higher quality anyway.

;) I definitely hope they include one. That is something I don't feel like buying extra if I decide to get an Xbox One.

I say this is good news. However, it all depends on if people actually use the headset instead of the Kinect. My main concern about not having a headset with the console is the fact that people will instead use the Kinect to chat through the game. If anyone else is familiar with how the kinect chat sounds during a game of call of duty, its annoying. Hopefully they fixed the game volume through the tv from playing into the kinect and tearing up everyone's ear drums.

Yeah, Kinect is really annoying for online chat... I'm sure the players that are worth listening will use headsets, though, and the kiddies that just wanna scream obscenities might just use Kinect or something. That would be nice.

Forcing me to have a Kinect but not giving me a headset? Microsoft just what are you doing here. For anyone who says that the Kinect can be used as a microphone is delusional, it's like trying to hear someone talk to you underwater.

Forcing me to have a Kinect but not giving me a headset? Microsoft just what are you doing here. For anyone who says that the Kinect can be used as a microphone is delusional, it's like trying to hear someone talk to you underwater.

Haha, QFT. While the Kinect will be good for switching channels, actual chat will be terrible.

Part of the fun of my Xbox is having the headset to talk to my friends. I have heard kids yell and toss hateful things out there from time to time, but the way I've looked at is if you have a unmonitored game environment you're going to get people who are abusive.

The best way I can compare this is thinking of how Team Fortress 2 works on PC, where the servers are usually Modded by the people who run them and they can be specific to what game they have. Unless you could have dedicated user driven servers on console gaming then you can't realistically stop people from overly flaming on their mic.

The awesome thing about having a party on Xbox is that it kills the general chat of the room so my buddies and I pretty much don't notice anything anyone else is saying. Left4Dead had a great community, in my option. There were very few who were hateful over their mics and I had a lot of random people on my friends list from when I was frequenting L4D and L4D2. I just don't think you can get away from the headset and the additional social experience it brings to the game.

I kinda wish they didn't include one, just because it would lower the amount of stupid kids yelling stuff online.

This is enough of a statement all by itself. If I actually was an avid gamer in the multiplayer scope, I would definitely be very against this. I mean in the same sense, it could be useful for people who lack the money or the ability to find a good headset. Other people do like getting free stuff, of course. :p

Thats how they are planning it to work and why there is no headset included with the console and Kinect. Call me delusional all you want, that's what "they" are doing. I know how bad the quality is of the Kinect and if you read any of my other posts in this thread you will see that. I hate hearing people on Call of Duty using a Kinect because you not only hear them screaming and annoying voice that the Kinect gives them, but you hear the game blasting from the TV as well. So hopefully if this is their plan, they make it so you can't hear game volume and the voice quality is a lot better.

Back