Xbox 360 Scariest Games?

Loud

I can't think of a memorable one... I feel like there are not a lot of these type of games for 360. Maybe Alan Wake or Dead Space, but DS is a multiplatform :confused:.

I didn't felt like Dead Space was scary, and this is coming from someone that usually is scared pretty easily. i felt more like a bug exterminator than anything else. And if you are going with platform exclusives, i don't think you have anything more than Alan Wake.

I guess Alan Wake is quite scary at some point, but still I can't forget the first time I played Dead Rising on 360. It gave me goosebumps. Still nothing beats the classic Resident Evil but in Playstation Platform. I like horror inspired games. They keep my blood pumping and just makes me more aware of my surroundings (in the game).

the first time I played it, i was pretty scared playing bioshock haha. other than that, the first resident evil was pretty scary

I can relate to being scared by Bioshock at some parts lol. Like the mood was just too creepy and freaky, also when something jumps at you.

Bioshock (though I played it on my PC) was a bit scary at first, but once you get your first power, you'll get used to it. I agree TheMartinG, the first resident evil scared the hell out of me. Still Bioshock is quite creepy at the same time I like the feel of the game. It's not boring at the same time, I was really into upgrading the weapons.

Left 4 Dead was really scary for me because I am terrified of Zombies. Dead Island wasn't scary at all, but Left 4 Dead just gave me the creeps. When I was a PS2 fanatic, Silent Hill games just made me lose it. I hated how things would lurk in dark corners. Ugh!

Dead Space (at least the newer ones) and L4D qualify more as "action" or "survival" games rather than pure horror. I guess there's Fear and some Silent Hill games if you're into the whole skeleton out of the closet thing, but neither of them are really good as "horror" games either.

My best recommendations would be Penumbra Overture or Amnesia, but I don't think they were ever released for the 360 so you'll need a PC.

Ohhh never heard of Penumbra Overture or Amnesia, I wil try to check them out. Sigh, I feel like these type of games are in decay, I don't know... it seems like people don't care about them anymore, hence studios stay away from producing them.

Bioshock is the only game this generation (excluding indie games, of course) that scared me. Ya all know the part with the psycho artist? I forget his name. Man that was some creepy ****. See a bunch of "statues", walk past them to grab something and then turn around and the statues have moved! That was genius. Loved it.

Other than that? Nothing really scary. I even tried to play Silent Hill 2 on the HD Collection since I've never played it but I found its awful animations to make "traumatic" encounters laughable, like the first encounter with Pyramid Head. Didn't beat the game.

Penumbra Overture or Amnesia.

I'm gonna have to disagree. I always get tired when people mention these games as being "Scary" or spooky. They aren't, and never will be. The SOLE reason these types of games give anyone some "Fright" is because you can't fight back, that's it. Once you realize that, the game loses literally every scary aspect it may have ever held.

If we're talking about scariest games in general, not just limited to the 360, there's quite a few. The first Fatal Frame on the PlayStation 2 is quite good, and really if you find games like Amnesia terrifying, try out any of the SCP series on the internet. Now THOSE will give you a good jump.

Residents Evil use to be the scariest game to me. It was also a difficult game, with a pretty decent storyline. I mean overall it was a great game in my opinion.

The original slender game at slendergame.com gave me some jumps and can be very scarry, they have alot of remakes and knockoffs. But the original was great in my opinion. Just creepy and scarry as hell on the pc. Try it if you have never played or heard of it. Its free dl

The scariest games I've played haven't been on 360, unfortunately. Silent Hill 1-4 messed me up. The Fatal Frame series messed with me pretty badly, too. But the scariest thing I've ever played was SCP Containment Breach. Ugh. Peanut will haunt me in my nightmares for years to come.

For me, the original Condemned by a long shot, I ended up giving up on that game at the last level because it was too spooky for me, guess i should not have been playing it after midnight with all the lights off !

The new game Evil Within coming out later this year looks like it's gonna blow all scary games out of the water. If you haven't seen the trailer or sneak peak go check it out.

On 360 I haven't run into any scary games, really. I think it's that I've gotten older and scary games don't bother me. Now on PSX/PS2 some of the Resident Evil games and the mentioned Fatal Frame games were pretty scary if played at the right time of night.

...and the right decade lol.

Dead Space was pretty scary, I mean it resorts to cheap jump scares for the horror but it does work perfect. The atmosphere is pretty intense, the sound design is top notch and the gameplay itself is very involving, besides Fatal Frame, I've never played any game that scared me to the point that I went AWOL on that game for a year. The sequels we're kind of toned down a bit, I'm playing Dead Space 3 now, and I have to say, that game is pretty intense.

Probably the scariest game I've ever played was Outlast. It shares some resemblance with Amnesia since it is a FPS horror game and you can't attack your enemies, but it felt a lot more scarier to me due to the increased mobility of your character and also of the enemies. In Outlast you can run quite fast to escape enemies but so can they which makes escaping such a terrifying experience. Instead of the Amnesia's lamp, here you have a hand-held camera with night vision that uses consumable batteries. It is a similar concept, but seeing the world through that green night vision screen is much more spooky I think.

Back