Xbox 360 Selling games at Game Stop.

SiA360

From
Florida
I traded a couple games recently for store credit and I wasn't too happy about what they offered me. A basketball game I bought for 60 bucks maybe six months ago, they gave me 7 dollars for. Another game I bought brand new from Best Buy for 40 dollars they gave me 8 dollars when they were selling the same game used for more than I bought it new! I don't play those games anymore so I went through with it, but boy what a rip off!

If you're no longer interested in the games, I guess that receiving a pitiful amount for a trade is better than nothing. But that is really bad business in my opinion. It certainly doesn't do anything to build customer loyalty.

I haven't traded my games before because I like collecting them. I guess that credit is too low when you trade your game but we can't have control on it. Maybe if the game is more popular then you will get higher credit when you trade it.

I haven't tried selling any games at Game Stop so far. I guess I won't be recommending Game Stop to any of my friends to sell their games. Maybe you should try other websites to sell your old games. eBay might be a better alternative.

If you aren't happy with the offer, don't take it and sell on Ebay. I think Game Stop is good if you want to trade in but I wouldn't try to get cash. I have had good experiences trading in old games I don't play anymore.

I would try e-bay or craigslist first before taking it to Gamestop. Every company is out for a profit so they will give you the least amount they can. Did you happen to see what used games are going for there? Perhaps they are selling them for just a little more than what they give you?

I have better luck selling/trading games at Play n Trade. It is still not a great price, but way better than what my local Gamestop offers. If I were you, and you have time, check the prices your local game stores are selling your games for. Then drop that price by a bit, and try to sell the games on Craigslist, or a local paper.

I understand what you guys are saying, but I already did it. I rarely even buy games, but this was the game I've been anticipating, Battlefield 3 and I wanted to trade games to pay less for it. The last time I traded games, I gave them COD Modern Warfare 2 and they gave me 32 bucks for it. I was pleased with that sale.

I think the amount that GameStop offers for trade-in games is usually very generous. This program doesn't have to exist at all; in fact, many game developers would be better off if it didn't.

I traded a couple games recently for store credit and I wasn't too happy about what they offered me. A basketball game I bought for 60 bucks maybe six months ago, they gave me 7 dollars for. Another game I bought brand new from Best Buy for 40 dollars they gave me 8 dollars when they were selling the same game used for more than I bought it new! I don't play those games anymore so I went through with it, but boy what a rip off!

I think a fair price is about a third of what they can sell the game for used. If they're only able to sell the basketball game for about 20 bucks, then I'd say 7 dollars is fair. If you got it for 60 dollars a few months ago though, then I bet they could get a little more than that. It really depends on the popularity of the games, less popular ones lose their value very quickly.

Game Stops' prime has passed in my opinion. During the Playstation 2 era it was really good. There was a lot of competitors on the market and I enjoyed going to EB games and the various stores checking out what deals I could get. I got Kingdom Hearts for 7 bucks and sold it for 15 later. You just don't come by that anymore because of how gaming itself has changed.

If there isn't a large component to the multiplayer it seems like you put your product in danger of losing value quickly. Where sports are concerned, it feels like the content is recycled too often. With the Xbox One I hope that gaming companies will let you just purchase a product and update the rosters to that game. I know a lot of people have wanted that for years, but it really seems like we should be at the point where you can add or disable features and edit rosters with a DLC pack.

This might also leave the discussion open to the fact that as long as people buy the brand new sports games that my hope for a simple DLC release will never happen.

Gamestop is just perilous these days unless you are BUYING games. They want to make as much money off of me as they can, along with my friends. It's not very funny when you only get a few bucks for a game you paid 15-40 bucks for a few years back. It hasn't and never will it become funny. And their extra special promotions that happen all the time are no different. :/

i have only traded a game bck in within 48hrs of purchase... never sold a game back... but i do know or have herd how bad it is.. unless its a big title game in the first week your getting raped.

It's never a good idea to trade in games that you bought for a high price. You're virtually guaranteed to receive a very low price, regardless of what they sell the game for. I very rarely trade in games that I bought for more than $20 (or maybe $25 tops), so it isn't that big of a deal personally. When I stopped playing my Gamecube (I don't remember why I did), I got some decent credit for my games. Otherwise, I usually sell games online and get cash for them. When my PS2 died, I traded my games in at Hastings (I know they don't have Hastings stores everywhere) for a decent amount of store credit, which I used to buy Xbox 360 games.

Sports game become VERY cheap very quick. When you sell them, you will get just about nothing. Remember that when buying those games.

That's definitely true. I remember buying Madden 07 for like $25 when it had been out for a while, whereas nowadays you can get anything from a year or two past for literally about $2. That's the problem with them releasing a new title every year, but it's cheaper to stick with one instead of buying it each time since it will inevitably be at a loss.

Sports games in general have the worst resale value, since new ones come out every year, so last year's game is very devalued. What they give you is pretty fair if you compare to Amazon, eBay, or little mom-and-pop stores. If you want the biggest bang for your buck with Gamestop, wait for their promotion deals or online coupons and cash out then. Otherwise, get a bundle of games you want to sell and sell them together on eBay.

I have not ever actually song any of my games at gamestop simply because I always find time to play them every so often. I know eventually I'll sell some of my older games, but for now I think I am fine with keeping them.
Also as some have stated above Gamestop doesn't have the an amazing value but can sometimes be the best place if you're disk and all that is still good.

To be honest I prefer to hold onto my games. If you were to trade them in now you would get some laughable amount. Instead keep them, 10 years from now they might bring back some good memories. If you really insist on selling them now, I would try eBay, you might get a little bit more. Or if you just want to get rid of them then there's always charity shops.

I been learned my lesson about selling games back to Gamestop stores! Two years ago, I had purchased Need For Speed the Run, and it costed me exactly $64.95 brand spanking new. After I beat the game, I decided that it wasn't worth keeping, so I decided that I would take it to Gamestop and get back a nice profit. Well, it didn't work out so well. I ended up getting back only twelve dollars for a brand new game that costed me almost sixty five dollars! Never sell games at Gamestop, you are better off selling them on Ebay.

Back