Xbox One Skype crashes

Starman

I was using Skype without any problem and then it crashed without warning earlier today. First I tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it but no luck. Then I rebooted and even then it would not work. What's up with it?

I don't use Skype on the One so I couldn't say. Maybe the app was having temporary issues or maybe it was an issue on the Xbox side of things. Have you tried again at any point today? Sometimes I'll have issues with an app like Amazon Prime, Hulu, or Netflix, but if I just wait a couple of hours, suddenly the issues have resolved themselves.

hard to say.. usually when apps do big crashes I tend to do full system resets and network ones.. but really I think allot of issues are going to pop up in the next few weeks since they are pushing the febuary update.. I'm not sure the bugs with windows 10 and every app are ironed out.

I haven't heard about any specific issues with Skype. Maybe it was a fluke? Have you had any more problems since Saturday, Starman? I used to have apps crashing on my 360 all the time. Now it's not so common on the One but it still happens from time to time.

Skype is like the worst program ever written. It has had horrible memory leak issues for years, you can have a brand new rig with 8gb ram and a top of the line processor and it will still just randomly freeze out on pc for zero reason. It gets picked up by antivirus all the time, downloads can just randomly not send, yuck.

Back