Xbox 360 slow internet speed

corky 003

my internet speed in 1.6 mbs . does anyone else have a slow speed and how does it affect your game play? I have lagging and I believe it effects my shooting and ability to get kills. it takes more shots to get a kill.
the 1.6 is the best I can get with my provider in my area. I can get Hughes network and get 5 mbs but was told satellite internet would not always work. any advice?

It will mostly affect your online games, Because you need a high speed network not to disconnect from any game..You can play some games using this network speed.

Before I elaborate, quick question: Are you being throttled by your ISP provider?

I ask this because I have a rather fast internet connection. However, because of my uncapped contract, my ISP provider is constantly throttling my data usage once it reaches excessive amounts. My suggestion to you is join gaming servers that match your connection speed. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for laggy, horrid gameplay.

Personally, I haven't done enough research on satellite internet to talk about it. But it could be a solution to your slow internet speed problems.

Back