Smartphones will never match Xbox One

There isn't any real competition between smartphones and the xbox one but it's still nice to have that freedom and mobility that a smartphone affords you, and it should be an individual choice whether to play on the bigger screen with a controller or on the phone. I think more people than you suspect would prefer the latter.

Xbox and smartphones is like comparing apples and oranges. Smartphones provide different genre of gaming with the small screen whereas if you are speaking about xbox, its getting all geared up with virtual reality an stuff and plus the brilliant graphics.

The xbox experience is much more immersive as compared to the smartphones and smartphones won't be able to catch up with xbox or other consoles anytime soon.

There isn't any real competition between smartphones and the xbox one but it's still nice to have that freedom and mobility that a smartphone affords you, and it should be an individual choice whether to play on the bigger screen with a controller or on the phone. I think more people than you suspect would prefer the latter.

You do have a very good point there, and it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Prius. Both might be good at what they do, but what they do is enirely different from each other, and they're aimed at differnt markets.

People will buy whichever they want depending on their needs, and if you're spending most of your time out on the road, then your obviously not going to choose a desktop based PC or console, so a smartphone or mobile gaming device is going to cater more for your needs.

It is obviously never going to be the same, do not try to compare a 5,1 inches screen with a 42"+ TV, do not try to compare a touch screen with a controller with a ton of useful buttons on it, I really consider it as a good thing for mobile games developers, but that's something way different to Xbox ONE ,these just cannot be compared.

Smartphones aren't the best platform for gaming. It's all good and well playing simple games but the big problem with it is the size of the screen. There is only a certain amount of detail that you can see on it.

It is obviously never going to be the same, do not try to compare a 5,1 inches screen with a 42"+ TV, do not try to compare a touch screen with a controller with a ton of useful buttons on it, I really consider it as a good thing for mobile games developers, but that's something way different to Xbox ONE ,these just cannot be compared.

I just tried to imagine someone sitting in a big comfortable chair in their living room, with a controller in their hand and then looking at this little screen set up. It is just not even close to the same thing, so to compare them seems a bit foolish. That said, mobile gaming has certainly come a long way, and maybe there are certain types of games that are better suited for it than a console, but we all know the bigger games will never work on a phone.

@rz3300 Well, thatwould definitely be the actual situation, for real, it just will not ever going to happen, mobile gaming could definitely not be compared to console gaming of absolutely any kind, this thread is a little bit hilarious though.

The point you're trying to make is obviously correct, although your reasoning isn't. Smartphones are rapidly improving performance-wise, but obviously, they're not quite there yet which is about the most obvious reason they won't match the Xbox or any console for that matter.

As for your invalid reasoning, smartphones can stream their screens to TVs, as well as attach controllers via Bluetooth.

@NotCasual You're right, but the gaming experience will not ever be the same compared to consoles or any other gaming device. Smartphones were not made for that kind of gaming and therefore, these devices will not overcome any kind of console, that's my opinion though.

The point you're trying to make is obviously correct, although your reasoning isn't. Smartphones are rapidly improving performance-wise, but obviously, they're not quite there yet which is about the most obvious reason they won't match the Xbox or any console for that matter.

As for your invalid reasoning, smartphones can stream their screens to TVs, as well as attach controllers via Bluetooth.
It's still early days, I don't doubt that one day you will be able to use a smartphone as a console, I just don't think it will be anytime soon.

Smart phones are not a dedicated gaming machine like the XBox One and was never designed to match it. Smartphone has many capabilities and one of them happens to be gaming. But smart phone gaming is getting better every day. The hardware is getting better and more capable. You are right in it lacking the controller experience but there are modular controllers that can be used with it (though, I am sure it will not be comparable to the native experience). Screen size will remain an issue though.

It's still early days, I don't doubt that one day you will be able to use a smartphone as a console, I just don't think it will be anytime soon.

Well, you pretty much already can. As I said, it's as easy as streaming your screen while using a Bluetooth controller. The problem lies in the Play Store, as there aren't many high-quality games that take advantage of i.e. the Galaxy S/Note 7's hardware. I can totally imagine these kinds of phones playing games similar to or even better than the 360.

@Casiox

@NotCasual I've never tried doing that before, but I definitely would have to see it by myself, it's quite hard to believe, but it makes some sense.

Well, you pretty much already can. As I said, it's as easy as streaming your screen while using a Bluetooth controller. The problem lies in the Play Store, as there aren't many high-quality games that take advantage of i.e. the Galaxy S/Note 7's hardware. I can totally imagine these kinds of phones playing games similar to or even better than the 360.

@Casiox
They still haven't been thinking of high end games for smartphones but it won't be long before they do. Even though smartphone technology has advanced a lot so has consoles. What is big now is 4k so even though smartphones do catch up,consoles will always be one step ahead.

@SirJoe Phones may catch up as well as these may not, but the gaming experience compared to a console will never be the same ever, it is something easy to believe since playing with a screen will never be compared to playing with a controller.

They still haven't been thinking of high end games for smartphones but it won't be long before they do. Even though smartphone technology has advanced a lot so has consoles. What is big now is 4k so even though smartphones do catch up,consoles will always be one step ahead.

The issue is that those games will only be able to run on devices like the Note 7 and iPad Pro, so that means there aren't that many people who will be able to buy the game. So if you add the fact that developing those games costs a fair bit of money, you've got precisely the reason why we're not seeing them yet.

@NotCasual I see your point, and the people who buy those sort of devices are probably not thinking of playing games. Looking at the resent past and were we are now, the technology used in those sort of devices might become more accessible. Maybe then they might think of developing more substantial games for smartphones.

@SirJoe Phones may catch up as well as these may not, but the gaming experience compared to a console will never be the same ever, it is something easy to believe since playing with a screen will never be compared to playing with a controller.
I agree but if you were able to connect your smartphone to a bigger screen and a controller it could create a very similar feel.

I totally agree with Smartman that smart phones will never really compete with Xbox. The more regular forms of gaming will always be more popular. The experience of playing on a phone is nowhere as fun and exciting as playing with a console or pc.

@clair02 I agree but I can see that smartphones have the potential to compete with more traditional gaming methods provided you can connect it to a monitor and use a control pad.

I totally agree with Smartman that smart phones will never really compete with Xbox. The more regular forms of gaming will always be more popular. The experience of playing on a phone is nowhere as fun and exciting as playing with a console or pc.

I completely agree with you. I can spend hours on a console, or PC but a phone doesn't do much for me. They're OK to kill time while waiting on someone or something but that's about it for me.

Back