Xbox 360 So how's Risen 3?

heavensdevil

Anyone bought the game? I liked Risen 1 even though everyone else says it sucked on the 360 but I enjoyed it. Risen 2 is just plain horrible so how is Risen 3? Is it the same as Risen 2 or Risen 1? I hope that they have learned their mistakes and will make something that is worthwhile.

the E3 trailers actually looked really good, it might be a big hit, but I'm no expert...

Okay, I made a mistake of purchasing this game. Apparently, it's still a piece of crap game like Risen 2. Actually it's the same freaking game with a new character. I'm still on the same map as Risen 2 only with a "new story." The way they advertised the game like Two Worlds 2 gave me hope but it's obviously not the case.

I'm a big fan of Piranha Bytes, starting with the original Gothic, but man, did they screw Risen 3 or what? I got the game, played a little and visited all the islands but I dunno, I simply stopped playing and I don't think I'll return. The combat seems wrong and those undead hounds are kicking my ass. I know that combat progression matters in Piranha games, take Risen 1 for example which was great, but this one sucks imo.

I like Risen 3 and have enjoyed it so far. The Titan Lords immerses the player in a great role-playing world where a decision that you make can bring enormous changes to the story. I was engrossed in it each time I played it.

Risen 3 is really good and I have played it non-stop for several hours. Maybe I will get bored as time goes by, but for now I like the game. I like the fact too that I can drive changes to the story.

Well I did not make the same mistake as @heavensdevil because I was fortunate to give it a good test run before making my decision, which is now something that I try to do on a more regular basis. It is not that great, and is much of what the user describes it as. When they say new, it is just a little alteration, and it is just not worth all that money for a little more fun. If you liked Risen 2 I would say just stick with that and wait for something better to buy.

Back