Xbox One So the Xbox One has been hacked

Let's see the hackers try. It took years before the PS3 and 360 ever got hacked fully, so with the next-gen consoles, we'll see what they got. Yup, let them hack Level 1 and see what they got but we'll have to see if they can hack Level 2, 3 and whatever is the last level of security.

This is why we needed the DRM. Just makes us pay more for games and such with the pirated copies. We will see drm soon though.

Maybe that's why they put the DRM in the first place, so to prevent events like this. It's really a double-edged sword: people hate DRM and yet, developers know the DRM-free copies will get hijacked while those who love DRM will get annoyed with all the processes they have to get through to even enjoy the game (Uplay, Origin, Steam, etc.).

Let's see if they can truly hack this one. Let's see if they can get working ISOs, working pirated Blu-Ray... if they can make it that way, then it's been really hacked. Until then, even hacking the NAND isn't going to do anything.

Apparently there have been reports that there is a way to write to the NAND. No fret, it's still useless up to this point but I have to say, it's pretty quick. I hope it ends here, if anything happens I think Microsoft is going to go 180 and turn always online and drm back.

Apparently there have been reports that there is a way to write to the NAND. No fret, it's still useless up to this point but I have to say, it's pretty quick. I hope it ends here, if anything happens I think Microsoft is going to go 180 and turn always online and drm back.

So it would effectively be like Microsoft's Steam right? Except, well, the always online feature is where Steam doesn't have. But I agree with your point, even with this NAND thing hacked, they still got a lot of work to do. Microsoft better do something 'cuz hackers can get cunning these days. They should just be careful.,

I wouldn't mind the always-online and DRM thing. Not that I really love it but I've been online at home a lot of times, so why not? It's like Steam. But uhm, it'd be nice if they kept the option to play offline.

I wouldn't mind the always-online and DRM thing. Not that I really love it but I've been online at home a lot of times, so why not? It's like Steam. But uhm, it'd be nice if they kept the option to play offline.

It's better than being online all the time. That way I can also save some speed whenever I go online on my PC.

It's better than being online all the time. That way I can also save some speed whenever I go online on my PC.

True, true. What if the internet gets bad and you can't go online? It would suck. Sometimes, you can't always be online. That's why there's an option. Look at the new SimCity. That always-online feature already ruined it.

Back