Xbox One So the Xbox One has been hacked

Nice editing in the article.

"Since the hackers continue to tinkle with the Xbox One, the question is how long till they are able to hack it completely?"

Hope no one tinkles with my Xbox.

Score one for the hackers. I'm cheering for them in this fight. I'm wondering when companies like Microsoft realize that they can't win against the hacking community and instead of focusing their efforts on DRM work towards a product that doesn't need to be hacked.

What I'm talking about is delivering a transparent system that works with the hackers instead of against them. It's been proven in the movie industry that if you provide people with their products how they want it that piracy plummets and everyone profits. And here I am in my corner just waiting for the video game industry to do the same.

I was sure this would happen, but I had no idea it would happen so soon, jeez! Either hackers of today are geniuses or Xbone has terrible security. I don't have anything against hackers to be honest, but I wasn't really expecting they would to this so soon. Hopefully MS will improve the protection on this baby.

I am honestly not even surprised. People are willing to do anything and everything, so hacking the new Xbox is nothing.

Wait, that was really fast. You gotta given them props, they're truly genius for hacking it so quickly.

For everyone that was so vehemently against MS's DRM policies, why not turn your anger towards the hackers that are the real ones to blame for all you don't like about gaming?

Man, I hope this doesn't put a dent on the Xbox One's future. I mean, if it does, we won't have awesome games to come to the system right? I just hope Microsoft can do something to make sure the hackers won't be doing anymore future hacks on the system.

Not really much of a monumental surprise honestly. For the 360, they would consider getting the Kinect (for XBOX360) on your PC as a “hack” to use for something like motion capture software. Like a user stated before, the word “hacker” is a really ambiguous word. Unless someone is somehow able to go beyond the spectrum of the Xbox One's "hacking," this is something that should always be probable.

No surprise here. It was going to happen anyway. Now we'll see: what has Microsoft got in their machine that hackers will find interesting? And you know, why can't Microsoft hire the hackers themselves? Hackers are skilled and persistent, so if they can hack it, then let Microsoft hire them so new hackers can't hack the newer models. Ah well, that's Microsoft. Let them be what they want to be.

Ehh...not surprised. A console/handheld getting hacked is like falling in public: you think you have great balance, you get cocky about it, and you trip on air and fall into a puddle of water. In other words, it's gonna happen. Microsoft will come up with a solution and it'll get hacked again. All they can do is keep plugging the holes.

When a console is initially hacked it's just to do it to see if it can be done/how easy it is and what can be done from there. That's a launch pad for homebrew and hard/soft modding (when possible...it'll happen). It's what others do with that knowledge that gets everyone upset.

I"AM glad they did it the bougth the console so they OWN it and can do what they want to there product

I like hearing about console hacks when it gets homebrew out. Obviously some will figure out modding and all of that though. The good thing about letting everyone know that they hacked it is that it lets Microsoft know the security was kind of tap water weak if it's been done already and to go fix it. Like now.

Hacking does let companies know how strong or weak their security was for a console. Then again, weak security in one user's hands would be pretty effective in another's.

That was fast. I can honestly say there are some very smart people in the world. I could never be a hacker though, it seems so time consuming. I wonder how they feel when they make a major breakthrough.

I have to admit that was a bit quicker than I was expecting, really. You'd think that people smart enough to do that kind of thing could be smart enough to keep quiet about it, too, but I guess that's asking just a little too much?

Wow that was quick. I thought it would at least take a couple of months. It always sucks when they get into the consoles, as Microsoft have to release software updates and other precautions to make it harder for them. I guess with the price of the games though, this isn't a terrible thing.

You know thinking about this.... maybe this might not be bad. How? The hacks could tell us more about the Xbox One and its many potentials. I'd be interested in seeing what the hacks can find awesome or not so awesome about the Xbox One. It'll bring some interesting developments. But then of course, it can hurt the Xbox One's success in the long run. We'll; just see where it goes.

I'm pretty sure there will be a fix for this at some point. Everything is hackable!

There will always be a fix for a hack...then it will be hacked again, it'll go back and forth and so on until the 9th generation kicks off. Then fixes will become more sporadic.

There will always be a fix for a hack...then it will be hacked again, it'll go back and forth and so on until the 9th generation kicks off. Then fixes will become more sporadic.

Yup. Pretty soon, all the hackers will do is go Siri-like on the machine that we all thought is unhackable becomes hackable again. Then companies will find something sinister so hackers won't ever dare hack a system. It's the cycle, can't escape that. But so far, other devices like PSVITA have not been fully hacked so there's still some hope.

Back