Xbox One SquareEnix is being coy

malachite003

According to them, Final Fantasy 15 will be revealed when they feel like it. Which is fine but I do want to know something because let's face it the series hasn't exactly been hitting home runs in recent years. While there is still a place in my heart for them, I'm hoping that SquareEnix really blows us away.

Yeah, agreed. They're kinda like perfectionists, you know, like they want to make the game they feel is great. But that attitude isn't exactly pleasing us. Well, they'd better make the wait worthwhile. But I'm sure they will. At least I know they'll give us a good info on Kingdom Hearts 3. After all, they always release a KH game or collection every year. So 2015 or 2016 is a good bet for its release. As for FF15, we'll see.

Tetsuya Nomura disclosed that the development team is still “focusing” on the development of “Final Fantasy XV.” He is hoping that fans can continue to wait before Square Enix is ready to provide some new details on the project.

Perfectionist, I guess so. Nomura has always been like that ever since he created Final Fantasy. I guess all we can do is wait.

Perfectionist, I guess so. Nomura has always been like that ever since he created Final Fantasy. I guess all we can do is wait.

Artists, always have a bit of the perfectionist within them. We really have to wait, even if it takes time. But we got to remember KH3 will be out AFTER FFXV, so there's a chance FFXV's release date is nearing. Just got to wait it out. But I definitely don't see it coming out this year. I could be wrong, but definitely not coming before the end of Q2 2014.

According to them, Final Fantasy 15 will be revealed when they feel like it. Which is fine but I do want to know something because let's face it the series hasn't exactly been hitting home runs in recent years. While there is still a place in my heart for them, I'm hoping that SquareEnix really blows us away.

Like what spark said, they're sort of like perfectionists. As much as we would all love to see it released right away, we gotta give them time. After all, do you want to end up having something equivalent to Alliens: Colonial Marines where the game was just crap? Or that game that was removed from its sale position a week after release? We gotta let them have the time so when they release, then it's final (no pun intended). A little patience and we'll have the game.

I think Square Enix already has enough reputation to be indecisive in their release date for Final Fantasy 15. Honestly, after Final Fantasy X, they’ve been hammering down more numbers like crazy. Maybe they don’t want to rush the game to where the story starts becoming bleak, and making people create wildcards to shun down the game.

The thing with Final Fantasy X is that it aimed to focus more on character development within the team you play with. Most of the other games in the RPG genre make the whole friendship and gregarious nature over-dramatized and pretty generic. And what makes Final Fantasy X different is that when the main character and Yuna interacted with each other, you could see how the game made it obvious that they would become extremely attached to each other. The story was linear, but it actually made sense and was easy to follow.

This isn’t to say all other FF games were inconsistent, it’s just that the narrative and character development hits home to me. But that’s just me, because if you have engaging characters, but generic JRPG stylized gameplay, I’ll still love it.

This isn’t to say all other FF games were inconsistent, it’s just that the narrative and character development hits home to me. But that’s just me, because if you have engaging characters, but generic JRPG stylized gameplay, I’ll still love it.

Yeah, they always had different story lines which make each game interesting. I love Final Fantasy.

I think Square Enix already has enough reputation to be indecisive in their release date for Final Fantasy 15. Honestly, after Final Fantasy X, they’ve been hammering down more numbers like crazy. Maybe they don’t want to rush the game to where the story starts becoming bleak, and making people create wildcards to shun down the game.

The thing with Final Fantasy X is that it aimed to focus more on character development within the team you play with. Most of the other games in the RPG genre make the whole friendship and gregarious nature over-dramatized and pretty generic. And what makes Final Fantasy X different is that when the main character and Yuna interacted with each other, you could see how the game made it obvious that they would become extremely attached to each other. The story was linear, but it actually made sense and was easy to follow.

You hit it right home, Halo avatar guy. I agree with you on FFX. Though I never got to finish it (damn, that SIN part...) but I will attempt to finish it again with the upcoming Remaster HD collection, FFX is still the turning point on how Square Enix went with the series. Yes, story was linear but it was about the character development that really hit it right home. So maybe they want to go back to the roots of that turning point and make it even better with FFXV. I've yet to play FF13 so I can't say much yet on that. Say what you will about FF13 but I'll still buy it. I'd like to have my own judgement on it.

So yeah, let's give Square Enix some time. I think they need the time to really make it THE FF of the next-gen which is now current-gen.

You hit it right home, Halo avatar guy. I agree with you on FFX. Though I never got to finish it (damn, that SIN part...) but I will attempt to finish it again with the upcoming Remaster HD collection, FFX is still the turning point on how Square Enix went with the series. Yes, story was linear but it was about the character development that really hit it right home. So maybe they want to go back to the roots of that turning point and make it even better with FFXV. I've yet to play FF13 so I can't say much yet on that. Say what you will about FF13 but I'll still buy it. I'd like to have my own judgement on it.

So yeah, let's give Square Enix some time. I think they need the time to really make it THE FF of the next-gen which is now current-gen.

Yup, give them the time. They rush the release, we'll get a suck-ass product. They take too long... well, it depends. But let's not let them rush. I want to give them the time so we can have a great game.

We'll just have to wait. SE is coy but they have the reason to be. Just let them be so they can give us the games with great quality. I know they can do that.,

We'll just have to wait. SE is coy but they have the reason to be. Just let them be so they can give us the games with great quality. I know they can do that.,

They never disappoint us with the games they made, that's one good thing. But as for the releases it does take a while. They want to probably make sure that the quality of each game will really take us to a different level.

I thought they already revealed a lot of footage from the last E3. We got to see how the combat looks like and some of the story bits. Maybe FFXV have been quiet ever since but I've seen enough to have high hopes on the game.

I thought they already revealed a lot of footage from the last E3. We got to see how the combat looks like and some of the story bits. Maybe FFXV have been quiet ever since but I've seen enough to have high hopes on the game.

Yeah, that's true. Unlike the other reveals of FFXV, where they were mostly in-game footage and it was still called Versus 13, the E3 2013 reveal was where it really showed us that they were already working on the game fully. It's like each passing day, they're getting closer to finish. Plus, KH3's reveal also showed us that they began their development and to be able to reveal something that early on, it means FFXV is coming to a close in development very soon. Might not be early this year but I know it's coming. So let's give Square the time. They'll get it done, I know it.

Yeah they are kinda cheeky to their consumers but I respect them, and their continued strive for perfection, they even listen to the voice of the people making remaking a not so good game as an apology... now thats clas right there...

Back