Xbox One Steam Box: Is it even a competition?

I agree that price is a huge factor here. When you think about it, all the sales that go one Steam seem like they would make up for a more expensive console. In the long run, people spend way more money on games for a console than the actual console.

I can't see Valve pricing themselves out of the game. I'm thinking that the Steambox will probably sell for at least as much as the Wii U to start out. I don't see them going as low as the Ouya, which let's face it is 100% done when it comes to the market. I really think that the have a chance to be a huge hit and when Nintendo gets their stuff together and makes the Wii U viable, I'd like to see 4 consoles on market again.

I can't see Valve pricing themselves out of the game. I'm thinking that the Steambox will probably sell for at least as much as the Wii U to start out. I don't see them going as low as the Ouya, which let's face it is 100% done when it comes to the market. I really think that the have a chance to be a huge hit and when Nintendo gets their stuff together and makes the Wii U viable, I'd like to see 4 consoles on market again.

True, true. It'll change the game (pun intended). It's all about bring the PC into the console world. But the difference is very much big: Garry's Mod, Surgeon Simulator 2013, the Steam Workshop, etc. We're just going to see just how Steam can do their thing to convince gamers to buy the Steam Box.

Well the beta versions of the SteamBox are out in the wild; time will tell if Sony and MSFT should worry.

Well the beta versions of the SteamBox are out in the wild; time will tell if Sony and MSFT should worry.

Oh yeah. It's finally out. Early reviews say the OS is far from perfect but they see the potential for it. They now see that the PC games are integrated smoothly into it, which means that the PC games almost act like the PSN and Xbox Live games we play all the time. Oh boy, if we see more PC games get integrated....

Chivalry may become a meme very soon. Heck, I'd even see more Team Fortress 2. This is going to change the game.;

Oh yeah. It's finally out. Early reviews say the OS is far from perfect but they see the potential for it. They now see that the PC games are integrated smoothly into it, which means that the PC games almost act like the PSN and Xbox Live games we play all the time. Oh boy, if we see more PC games get integrated....

Chivalry may become a meme very soon. Heck, I'd even see more Team Fortress 2. This is going to change the game.;

Hahaha. Oh man, this is going to be hilarious. PC games finally getting a piece of the place in the living room. I can already see it: Dota 2, Chivalry, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike... this is going to be awesome.

Next year, it's going to change everything. We'll see if they got something to take down Sony and Microsoft, or just simply compete. But hmmm... kinda excited for this. Team Fortress 2 with all the mods in a PC console? SWEET indeed.

We're going to see about it guys. The SteamOS and Steam Box prototypes are out, now it's time to see the real things come to the market next year. Here's hoping it goes well, so that way, Surgeon Simulator 2013 will be the talk of the town.

Oh yes! I heard about it the other day. This is going to be awesome. Really, really awesome. I cannot wait for this. We need to hear if it will; be a success next year. Then,. the pinnacle of PC gaming shall commence!

Well I'll be picking up a PS4 in March and I guess I'll pick out a SteamBox for Xmas.

Yeah, same here. Except maybe for PS4, I'll get on June and Steam Box... I'll give it some thought 'cuz I might have another PC coming my way. I'll just find a way to stream Steam to my HDTV. Now, the Steam Controller is what I'd love to get.

I'll wait and see what the Steam Box's rep will be with the gamers. So far, videos about Steam Controller is popping up already. Somebody is using it on games like Civilization 5! Whoa, can you believe that? Civilization 5 on a controller. I'm not talking about the Revolutions version. The actual PC version.

Back