Xbox One Taking the Day Off For Launch???

MonkeyBread73

How many of you have requested release day off from work? I know I have -- I'm using 8 hours of annual leave so it doesn't short my check. Two friends of mine have also asked for the day off, so I'm sure we'll all be getting shenanigans together. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of you have requested release day off from work? I know I have -- I'm using 8 hours of annual leave so it doesn't short my check. Two friends of mine have also asked for the day off, so I'm sure we'll all be getting shenanigans together. ;)

Here. Wife and I have both took the day off :D

I don't have a job to take the day off from :p if I did I would.

I do have plans with my uncle the day after though. He's coming round to my house to watch the Dr Who special with me and he's probably going to have to drag me off the XBO to watch it :cool:

I didn't take the day off. We don't get our local deliveries until much later in the day, sometimes after 7pm. I could see myself sitting around all day refreshing the shipping tracking page. I ordered a tablet recently and it didn't show up until after 7:30pm.

I am not getting the system day one, so I don't need the day off. I have never gotten a console on day one besides the 3DS, so I have never had to request a day off. it would have to be something I was really into if I would go to the effort of getting the day off.

It probably won't be here till afternoon so I did not take the day off. Got the whole weekend. I like the enthusiasm though.

Ordered mine from Microsoft Store so the Delivery guy has to be prepared to have video shot of him walking that big beautiful black Day One box to the door,,,

I'm done work for a few months Nov 11th, lots of time for me to spend playing KI, Ryse, DR3, Forza, BF4 and COD, all day one purchases, all paid off!!

Picking mine up at midnight, and so I took the 22nd off. Weekend of gaming bliss!

Me too accept I might have to go into community service Sunday!lol!But Friday early morning to Saturday night I am going to be rocking out!

I'm off all that week. Cleaning up and rewiring the home theater. Not related to the launch but for baby proofing :). So I took the opportunity to pull some new cat6 and update some very old wiring. Then picking the console up and midnight and not putting the controller down till after thanksgiving!

I haven't, since I'm not getting either console day one.

Oh well...

I am off every single day, so it's really a matter of my friend getting a day off, because he is the one who is going to buy it, so let's wait and see if i will be doing it too.

Yes, taking the day off to game all day, night and weekend. Getting really excited thinking about it!

J

I prefer to sit back and listen to other people's stories about their experiences. The way I see it the initial wave of buyers are essentially beta testers for the console. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, but there will inevitably be some kinks to work out for a while.

Ordered mine from Microsoft Store so the Delivery guy has to be prepared to have video shot of him walking that big beautiful black Day One box to the door,,,

Ordered mine from the MS store as well. I'll probably work 1/2 day till the post arrives. Def taking Monday off though.

I prefer to sit back and listen to other people's stories about their experiences. The way I see it the initial wave of buyers are essentially beta testers for the console. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, but there will inevitably be some kinks to work out for a while.

I agree that there will be some bugs to work out and I anticipate a decent launch. However I don't think that millions of gamers getting it day one are considered beta testers. If that were the case, 99% of people buying games on launch day would essentially be beta testers since there are usually bugs on release day.

I am off too.

Part of my reason for doing it was I wanted to try to get the day one update and maybe get KI, Peggle 2 and other online only downloads before the night comes and the weekend comes and the masses try too.

I am expecting major bottlenecks late Fri and over the weekend when more get on.

I'm taking two day's off! I already requested that a long time ago, and I made sure that my boss was aware of that. Of course, I didn't tell him the exact reason of why I'm taking two day's off of work, but that's none of his business anyway's. With my two day's of freedom, I'll be doing nothing but playing my Xbox One and ordering Domino's Pizza! :)

Back