Xbox One TESO - $60 Pricetag + $15-a-month - Did TESO just suicide?

i think the most intresting part is how it will play on xb1... its going to have to stay smi simple.. which to me is a big plus. i like the fact its on console.

I personally got a console because its a whole lot cheaper and I think funner than pc gaming such as WOW and other things. If i wanted to pay for a 60 dollar game and then an extra 15 a month just to play it then I would have gotten a PC and a job that pays better. Am I right?

I personally got a console because its a whole lot cheaper and I think funner than pc gaming such as WOW and other things. If i wanted to pay for a 60 dollar game and then an extra 15 a month just to play it then I would have gotten a PC and a job that pays better. Am I right?

Totally right man. I mean, unless you really like paying for games every month, no one else would want to get this.

Totally right man. I mean, unless you really like paying for games every month, no one else would want to get this.

I know man. This is like something that I've completely crossed off my list. Just hope that the subscription will end soon.

I see it staying subscription based as well. Too much time and effort really went into it. Plus if it went free to play, people would really be at a disadvantage since you could buy your way to good gear and stuff. Since it's an MMORPG that means they have to maintain it on a regular basis. They'll need to get that money out of folks somehow.

I was never interested due to the subscription-based service but now I'm even less interested if I have to pay $60 upfront. It's preferable to just pay $60 for like... Dark Souls 2 and just play that. It has great online and it's a great RPG. Then again, I've never been a big fan of TES.

How does this work for the Xbox version of the game, though? Do people on Xbox have to pay $60 + $15 monthly + Xbox Live Gold subscription? That would be a lot. I mean, I know that XBLG wouldn't be just for TES:O but yeah... I had heard the PS4 version wouldn't require PS+ to play (dunno if that's true), so I would hope that the X1 version doesn't require XBLG either.

I will admit that it's going to be rougher on Xbox One. On PS4 if a game is subscription based or the game is made by Sony the online multiplayer toll (requiring PS+) is lifted so it's just the game and the subscription.

I see it staying subscription based as well. Too much time and effort really went into it. Plus if it went free to play, people would really be at a disadvantage since you could buy your way to good gear and stuff. Since it's an MMORPG that means they have to maintain it on a regular basis. They'll need to get that money out of folks somehow.

Jackpot. If they were going to just make it free to play and knowing the amount of work and all of that that Bethesda puts into game--plus MMORPGs are expensive to keep up--they would've just put that time and effort towards another Fallout or starting on another Elder Scrolls.

...hell, in the time they've been working on TES Online, they could've released Wolfenstein and Doom at the same time development wise.

They will probably remove this subscription is there is not many players subscribed. That is how it usually goes anyway.

They will probably remove this subscription is there is not many players subscribed. That is how it usually goes anyway.

I hope so, coz if they don't I will wait till they do, that's the only time that I will be playing it.

I hope so, coz if they don't I will wait till they do, that's the only time that I will be playing it.

If they do more players would want to get this. I don't really know when this will happen but I hope they can make it soon.

If they do more players would want to get this. I don't really know when this will happen but I hope they can make it soon.

They will eventually just like all pay to play games that switched over to free to play.

I can see them switching over to a buy-to-play model like Guild Wars 2 after WoW's expansion comes out.
They might be able to compete as a subscription game against Wildstar, but I don't see them holding up against WoW, they will have to change if they want to keep players around.

THey think they can take WoW's spot. That is just so pathetic its not even funny.

I can see them switching over to a buy-to-play model like Guild Wars 2 after WoW's expansion comes out.
They might be able to compete as a subscription game against Wildstar, but I don't see them holding up against WoW, they will have to change if they want to keep players around.

WOW already has it's own community. I guess that's just how successful it was. Though I was never really a fan of it.

WOW already has it's own community. I guess that's just how successful it was. Though I was never really a fan of it.

Yup. I hope we can establish that in this forum as well. Play the games all at once.

Back