Xbox 360 The 03-57-00 Error

Voided Brain

Let me start by saying, hello, I'm Johnny Cash...

Just kidding.

Before I go on, I want to let you all know of my current xbox situation:

Xbox 360 Slim
No Internet (I'm at a library)
No warranty (Ran out, and I refuse to pay $150 to have Microsoft replace a DVD drive)
Combo of 360/Xbox Originals games

Anyways, I have been having this error for a while (For about 2 weeks I've been troubleshooting/attempting to repair mechanisms), and it all started with my Xbox original game, Project Gotham Racing (I had a buddy over). One day I tried to play, and I was having this error every time I put the game in (03-57-00), and tried some of my other games still had the same error, cleared the cache, looked around for any repair solutions...Same error, no results. Since my warranty ran out, I decided to have a look at my xbox. (Dear Lord, was it dusty) I took EVERYTHING apart, wiped everything down (Other than the motherboard/critical equipment), cleaned the laser, lubed up the laser track (Just enough), and I still had this error. I am not sure if I need to purchase a new DVD drive, or replace the Xbox completely, etc. etc.

I have also seen that the Hard Drive could possibly be the problem, but I am unsure how to check that.

Any solutions/questions?

Back