Xbox One The Evil Within Gameplay

At first it reminded me of Outlast, which I've been playing on Steam. Bodies hanging upside down,crazy sadistic killers, etc. I was pretty stoked because I love a good scare. As I watched the video more though, it really still reminded me of RE, which I'm kind of worn out on. The last few haven;t impressed me at all. I'll wait to see what my friends think of it before I think about getting it.

At first it reminded me of Outlast, which I've been playing on Steam. Bodies hanging upside down,crazy sadistic killers, etc. I was pretty stoked because I love a good scare. As I watched the video more though, it really still reminded me of RE, which I'm kind of worn out on. The last few haven;t impressed me at all. I'll wait to see what my friends think of it before I think about getting it.

Oh yeah.... I forgot that it does indeed remind me of Outlast as well. But who knows? Mikami's the kind to surprise gamers. The Resident Evil games he directed were the scariest but once he left the Resident Evil series after no. 4, that's when Capcom decided to go for the action type. Guess The Evil Within is his way of showing he's still got it. We'll see.

Oh yeah.... I forgot that it does indeed remind me of Outlast as well. But who knows? Mikami's the kind to surprise gamers. The Resident Evil games he directed were the scariest but once he left the Resident Evil series after no. 4, that's when Capcom decided to go for the action type. Guess The Evil Within is his way of showing he's still got it. We'll see.

You right. Mikami knows how to make a surprise. He might not be the guy to stray much from what works but he's got the surprise element. We can't judge the game yet until we have it in our hands. We just gotta wait for it.

I have faith in Mikami. He's done a lot to surprise everybody in the world, so let's all give him some support. I know he can make this game stunning and awesome for us. If it ends up being mediocre.... ah, well, he did give a try. But let's just wait an see.

I have faith in Mikami. He's done a lot to surprise everybody in the world, so let's all give him some support. I know he can make this game stunning and awesome for us. If it ends up being mediocre.... ah, well, he did give a try. But let's just wait an see.

Mikami is the best. Even if this ends up as a mediocre game I'll still get it.

Mikami has always impressed us with his works. I doubt if he has told everyone everything about the game. Looks like there are a lot of things and secrets hidden in this new game that isn't shown on the videos. Mikami, you're the best.

This is the best game there is yet. Well aside from playing Dead Rising 3 this would probably go on my number 2 spot. Unless they have another release for Resident Evil and luckily have it on Xbox one I might change my mind by then. Either way, this game is a good addition to anybody's list of games.

Really it's looking great. We need horror to come back to the consoles and really get us again. I mean Outlast and Amnesia are great but I would love to see Mikami bringing horror back, no one does horror like the Japanese. Seriously if you ever get the opportunity got to a Japanese haunted house, I lost a few years of my life.

Really it's looking great. We need horror to come back to the consoles and really get us again. I mean Outlast and Amnesia are great but I would love to see Mikami bringing horror back, no one does horror like the Japanese. Seriously if you ever get the opportunity got to a Japanese haunted house, I lost a few years of my life.

Japanese haunted house? My friends dared me once, but it scared me to a point that I went out after 2 minutes. Haha. Well, yes we need horror in our life especially on games. It spices up our gaming pleasure.

Japanese haunted house? My friends dared me once, but it scared me to a point that I went out after 2 minutes. Haha. Well, yes we need horror in our life especially on games. It spices up our gaming pleasure.

It was a hospital set and I was in a panic. I mean I screamed and ran like a maniac it was so good. My friends and I still talk about it. But still I want to see more horror come on the consoles and be a success, I want a Fatal Frame where I refused in sleep in the dark for weeks.

It was a hospital set and I was in a panic. I mean I screamed and ran like a maniac it was so good. My friends and I still talk about it. But still I want to see more horror come on the consoles and be a success, I want a Fatal Frame where I refused in sleep in the dark for weeks.

Mine was a genuine haunted house in tokyo. it scared me like hell. haha. but it was fun. One of my friends screamed so loud and fainted. she claims that she saw a lady in white staring right at her while floating in mid air. that was spooky. we had to rush and get her out of the house. Good thing I didn't see anything but it really felt quite heavy inside.

Mine was a genuine haunted house in tokyo. it scared me like hell. haha. but it was fun. One of my friends screamed so loud and fainted. she claims that she saw a lady in white staring right at her while floating in mid air. that was spooky. we had to rush and get her out of the house. Good thing I didn't see anything but it really felt quite heavy inside.

Maybe Mikami hangs out in one of those? Sometimes, I wonder if we know Mikami himself. I mean, we're always reading about his games and stuff, but do we know the game himself? Hahah.

As for the haunted houses you hanged out in.... Ahhh.... that gives me the chills. I don't know, but I guess it really starts to creep me when you mention that. I've been watching a lot of horror movies lately and just the mention of a haunted house chills me to the core.

This game has been working its way up my list. I'll be keeping an eye out for more info.

I just wonder what other horror elements Mikami has planned in this one. So we got the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (chainsaw guy) and then we have The Ring or The Grudge (long-haired creepy girl). What else? One part in the video showed evil villagers... so The Village? Hmmm... interested to see what other horror elements they got planned.

It's been so long since I've encountered a game that truly scares me. Even though I haven't played the game yet but I'm already terrified by the gameplay videos. I can't wait to see what the full game will be like.

It's been so long since I've encountered a game that truly scares me. Even though I haven't played the game yet but I'm already terrified by the gameplay videos. I can't wait to see what the full game will be like.

This game will be the next Resident Evil. Haha.

Yup, I'm seeing this being the next Resident Evil. Mikami is making the true survival horror the current-gen doesn't have, so I'm looking forward to this one. This game may finally be the one Capcom could've made Resident Evil 6 but no, Capcom wanted action. And they made it... but it made Resident Evil 6 a floppy entry.

Yup, I'm seeing this being the next Resident Evil. Mikami is making the true survival horror the current-gen doesn't have, so I'm looking forward to this one. This game may finally be the one Capcom could've made Resident Evil 6 but no, Capcom wanted action. And they made it... but it made Resident Evil 6 a floppy entry.

Yeah, Resident evil 6 is quite floppy. Well I think it's high time we get used to not seeing games with numbers on it. haha. It makes the game much better and more original.

True man. But it can also depend on how well the numbered entry does. Some sequels rock, and well, some sequels suck. But now at least new IPs are popping now. Let's just hope this one will rock our worlds.

Independent titles are better compared to games that have numbers on them. Well not to judge but by experience, most games with numbers on them tend to be more predictable compared to the other games with independent titles. This game is definitely gonna rock the horror gaming industry.

Back