The Sims lack of story

Do you choose the names, their occupations, where they live, etc., or is some of it pre-determined? It sounds like a huge storytelling adventure. All of your Sims are members of the same family, right?

What this game do is to make players control the lives of the sims. If Hitler, Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar, and other tyrants have this game to play then there won't be a need to control a whole country to control other people. :)

The sims not only let you control the lives of the sims but you can also buy the whole city or become an architect with changing or building the looks of the house.

Do you choose the names, their occupations, where they live, etc., or is some of it pre-determined? It sounds like a huge storytelling adventure. All of your Sims are members of the same family, right?

You pretty much choose everything about them, what they look like, who their family is, where they work, and where they live. They don't have to be in the same family. You can make them roommates. In the Sims 3 you can have multiple families living in the neighborhood.

I've never been able to get into the Sims. Games that model real life too closely tend to seem boring in my eyes. I play video games to escape into a fantasy world, not play god to some imaginary person's humdrum life.

I like playing the Sims games because of how relaxing they are, lol. As my husband so eloquently put it, "This is the least stressful game I've ever seen." For some, I'm sure this equates to boring, but for me, it's nice to sit down and play a chill game after a hard, stressful day at work. And for me, the fact that it's an open ended game just adds replay value. I feel better about spending $50 or $60 on a game when I know I can play it through more than once without knowing how it's going to end.

I love the sims! I can play for hours on end and not be aware I did not eat or sleep or drink any water. I get lost in the game and forget I have my own life to think about :) Don't have any expansion packs just yet, I'd love to get the "pets" pack soon, I'd like to get my sims a puppy dog.

I love playing the Sims, but I'm not a huge fan of the newer one (the sims 3). I'm not really sure what it is, but something about them just doesn't make for as fun a game as the original. I have the Generation & World Adventure expansion packs for 3, and they're alright, but not a smudge on the original with all the packs. Heck, even when you just have the original base game it's more fun, in my opinion.

My wife plays all of the Sims games and has Sims 3 and two of the expansion packs. She loves the games so much that I tried playing but I found the whole thing to lack some kind of storyline or objective. But that's that's the sort of game I've played for years, even adventure games had an objective. A story. Still, she loves it, so I guess it's a game that appeals to a certain kind of gamer.

I loved playing the first Sims and the expansion packs, but for some reason I never really got into the 2nd and 3rd. I think at the time I was having computer problems which affected the game and made it a pain to load, so I just didn't bother. I still go back and play the original Sims every now and then though xD

I used to be OBSESSED with the Sims! It was one of my first serious computer game obsessions, actually.

I actually enjoyed creating my Sim the most -- giving it characteristics that I'd love to have and whatnot. Making them fat then slimming them on a treadmill! Good times...

I could play Sims: Vacation all day. That was the best of my childhood years growing up on PC playing Sims. I would go over to Billy's house and get down on some crazy shit. We were gamer kids here and there. Hha

Back