Xbox One Titanfall beta hits Valentine's Day (Updated/Confirmed)

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Titanfall is rumored to enter into beta beginning Feb. 14 and running until Feb. 19, a retailer source close to the French publication Xboxygen stated, as spotted by NeoGaf. The beta will allegedly be available exclusively from Zappos in France and Gamestop in the U.S. Posters advertizing the upcoming beta in France were also posted by the website, with the beta's start date clearly shown.

This follows the release of registration invitations earlier in the month to stress test the game on Xbox One as part of what developer Respawn Entertainment described as a "limited technical test" or alpha.

Source: Polygon

This will be great if it holds to be true. This will be the first opportunity for many of us to try out Titanfall and for others (Jstep) just more time with the game prelaunch. I'm sure if this is true we will hear an official announcement soon.

IGN has confirmed the rumor via Vince Zampella's twitter:

UPDATE: Respawn founder and studio head Vince Zampella took to Twitter to, it would seem, address this rumor sarcastically, saying, "Yes, we will have an announcement soon. I'm sure no one can guess what it will be... #supersecret"

Zampella also revealed that Titanfall on Xbox 360 is in development at Bluepoint Games, Respawn's Vince Zampella revealed. This is the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection developer, for reference. It doesn't seem that we'll see an Xbox 360 beta.

"Details in the coming days," Zampella promised

You think those of us with Alpha invites will get to play the beta? I didn't see that there. That would be great though!!

Cant wait for this super excited to try this game out, if i like it im gonna buy it but we shall see im not a huge fan of robots in fps lol

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know! I really hope titanfall is as good as it looks, and with the team making it, it definitely has potential to be amazing. Thanks for the share!

Yes! Valentine's Day will be a good day to try it out. My boyfriend and I can both try it out. It would be one of our little activities on Valentine's Day, haha.

Source: Polygon

This will be great if it holds to be true. This will be the first opportunity for many of us to try out Titanfall and for others (Jstep) just more time with the game prelaunch. I'm sure if this is true we will hear an official announcement soon.

IGN has confirmed the rumor via Vince Zampella's twitter:

I'd be surprised if the beta happens EARLIER than Valentine's Day. Whoever made the rumour it'd be on Valentine's Day either broke up with the significant other and just wanted to make news or just wanted to surprise his or her loved one they'll be playing something awesome on the day of the hearts. Ah, well, at least we know the developer said they'll make an announcement.

Cool. Well I hope they don't have any server issues on the release. But I do like to try the Orge Titan once I have the game. I wonder how cool this is going to be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. I hope we don't get issues like we did and still are getting from BF4.

So is this going to be an OPEN Beta or closed? Also, will this be for all platforms or XBone only?

The OP says XB1 only and it's an open beta

Cool. Well I hope they don't have any issues on the launch because I'm really hoping this game will be really really good. I can't wait to play it.

The OP says XB1 only and it's an open beta

I hope it can at least be on the PC too. I got no XB1 yet so c'mon EA, give us some PC love here! But wait... ah yeah, they already did with the Alpha. But I hope some PC love more!

I hope it can at least be on the PC too. I got no XB1 yet so c'mon EA, give us some PC love here! But wait... ah yeah, they already did with the Alpha. But I hope some PC love more!

I know they plan on getting it on pc too as soon as they launch it on Xbox One.

I'd be surprised if the beta happens EARLIER than Valentine's Day. Whoever made the rumour it'd be on Valentine's Day either broke up with the significant other and just wanted to make news or just wanted to surprise his or her loved one they'll be playing something awesome on the day of the hearts. Ah, well, at least we know the developer said they'll make an announcement.

That was quite a rumor. I guess whoever made that up broke up with their significant other and focused more on gaming.

I can already hear the conversation with my wife.

"I need to go play the Titanfall open beta"

"You have to do what?"

Back