Xbox One Titanfall Beta Requires Access Code

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
While the upcoming Titanfall beta for Xbox One and PC won't require a pre-order of the game, hopefuls will need a code to access the beta. Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella clarified today that, like the Titanfall alpha, the beta will be closed.

Additionally, Zampella went on to tweet that "the goal is to get as many people in [the beta] as possible," and in waves to make sure it works. If registration for the beta is anything like the alpha's sign-up, a short form will be available on Respawn's website and emails with access codes will be sent out to those who are selected.

via IGN

Uh Oh! This will certainly anger some people since it had long been rumored to be an open beta. Many people were already upset when they could not get into the Alpha a few weeks back so this will certainly not make matters any better if they are again denied access. Hopefully I will get in this time, but knowing my luck Jstep will instead...ugh favoritism. Anyways how are you guys taking the news? Disappointed? Let us know in the comments.

A beta code huh? Hmmm, ah, so it's not open beta... yeah, it's definitely piss some people off. Looks like V-Day is only for the selected!

Whoopsy. This is not gonna go good with those who expected this to be open beta. I can already feel the V-Day rage coming along. Time to take cover, Titanfall developers. You're gonna need it.

Whoopsy. This is not gonna go good with those who expected this to be open beta. I can already feel the V-Day rage coming along. Time to take cover, Titanfall developers. You're gonna need it.

Hahahaha. They're sure going to need it. The rage it'll create all across the internet. But seriously though, it was after all a RUMOR. True or not, some of them have to take the rumors with a grain of salt. Ah well that's how it is.

way i look at it.. it was a launch game.. it got pushed back.. its the "blockbuster" ip they have pushed down our throats since last year.. 1 open beta was all they needed to give a taste of the hype.. a 5 day open beta... get everyone wanting more..

but typical ea/respawn fashion.. its coded or locked..

Haha I really anticipated that this issue will happen. V-Day Rage will really come.

I'm honestly not disappointed. Ever since they announced the beta, I assumed it was closed beta.
They're probably not prepared for a open beta considering how popular the game is.

I'm honestly not disappointed. Ever since they announced the beta, I assumed it was closed beta.
They're probably not prepared for a open beta considering how popular the game is.

if they are not ready for an open beta the game is not finished and is no better than bf4 at launch.. my point and case exactly.. open beta shows the stability/gameplay..

if its that popular and they expect that many sales an open beta means nothing.. if anything it will encourage people on the fence to possibly buy it..

I guess so, I think they were caught of guard since they weren't that prepared about how the fans would response to it.

I guess so, I think they were caught of guard since they weren't that prepared about how the fans would response to it.

they were not thrown off guard with sales. they already have a projected sales number

Titanfall is poised to sell between 6-10 million based on critical reception. He thinks the title will end up with no less than an 80 Metacritic score, which would land it at the low end of his projection. If the title soars into the 90′s, it’s likely we’ll see near 10 million in sales. His exact quote:

My best guess is 6 – 10 million units, depending upon the game review scores. If it gets above a 90, it will likely be at the high end of that range, below an 80, at the low end

they are expecting big things.

the ONLY way "we" the consumer should be willing to give ea/respawn a dime of our money at this poit is an open beta..

they tank almost every game they release.. it dosnt matter if its new big ip or just a big ip thats been around forever.

to me an open beta from ea says 1 thing. we are ready for the masses.. because on day 1 at game launch if their are any server/lobby issues frame rate drop ect ect.. it would have been a completely avoidable circumstance.. an open beta on this big of a game will instill stability in an otherwize failing company in most gamers eyes.

the only way to get a crash course and see the variables in a game is a open beta.. its free tec and will show the potential problems.

Aww, man ... how is requiring an access code "open beta." I was hoping to get to at least try it out early. Too bad that they changed their mind but I guess I can live with that. Sounds like trolling, first they say no pre-order needed and then announce that you need an access code.

Aww, man ... how is requiring an access code "open beta." I was hoping to get to at least try it out early. Too bad that they changed their mind but I guess I can live with that. Sounds like trolling, first they say no pre-order needed and then announce that you need an access code.

Well there's still a difference between preordering and needing an access code. I would imagine the first needed step would be to have an Origin account, since that was a required step for the Alpha.

Well there's still a difference between preordering and needing an access code. I would imagine the first needed step would be to have an Origin account, since that was a required step for the Alpha.

Now I get it, thanks for explaining it Kn!ghtmare

I've been expecting something like this. Getting a beta code would require what exactly? I'm really looking forward to the beta release but if I can't play it, that would really be a bummer. I don't have an origin account to start with.

I guess they forgot to say hey you need an access code and don't preorder. They missed that part.

Really cool, I thought you need to pay for it. Great, now I can play the beta game. Thanks for the tip Kn1ghtmare.

Yup, what KN1GHTMARe said is true. It's a free account to make, like Steam. Now as for the beta code, yeah, you'll have to be lucky you can get that.

Back