Xbox One Titanfall Maps Can Hold Up to 48 Competitors Including AI and Titans

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Following this week’s moderate backlash over Titanfall’s matches being capped at six versus six, Respawn lead designer Justin Hendry has insisted the 12-player limit is what’s best for Titanfall, saying, “[t]he game is essentially built to be six on six.”

The matches, however, won’t be just limited to 12 total human players; each team will be able to support up to 12 AI-controlled combatants and each human player will be able to have their personal Titan trailing them under AI control in ‘Follow’ or ‘Guard’ mode. At its peak, Titanfall can cater for up to 48 individual characters.

Source: IGN

While i had no real issue with the original number announced since I have faith in Respawn and figured they made it optimal for the best experience, this is still nice to know and should calm the naysayers for now.

i hope they learned from bf4 that bigger numbers dosnt mean better play.. in facti think bf4 needs to scale back to a number around 45-50...

im still ehh about the game.. will probably pre order since its a "blockbuster" release.

That sounds kind of cool but as Shark said more does not equal better, I mean it can be fun but if done wrong it might just be a big cluster of bleh. I remember that PS3 game MAG and it was pretty awful and I think was pretty sketchy on the whole 200 or something amount of players together.

I am a little disappointed to hear that it will only support six versus six. I would've preferred it to be at least twelve versus twelve but looking at the amount of action going on and the size of the titans, can't really say the more the better. I'll see and play for myself to judge whether six versus six is enough.

I am a little disappointed to hear that it will only support six versus six. I would've preferred it to be at least twelve versus twelve but looking at the amount of action going on and the size of the titans, can't really say the more the better. I'll see and play for myself to judge whether six versus six is enough.

the way i read it its 12 vs 12 human playes and 12 vs 12 ai players. this adds up to 48..

after playing bf4 a 24+ vs 24+ would get out of hand.. got to think its not only human/soldiers its mecs a well. thats like putting 12 over powered tanks in the battle and expecting a soldier to hold its ground.

its more a for scaling than sheer number of players. you have to take map size and space into consideration. your talking about jetpacks to get around fast. this means map size has to be big enoug that your not jetting from one oend of the map to another in 2 seconds. you also have to fit mutiple levels into a map.. id say at least 3.. ground,interior,roof.

i just keep going back to bf4 and the 64 number. sure it seems good.. but its allot and its quite fast for as big as the maps are.

the way i read it its 12 vs 12 human playes and 12 vs 12 ai players. this adds up to 48..

after playing bf4 a 24+ vs 24+ would get out of hand.. got to think its not only human/soldiers its mecs a well. thats like putting 12 over powered tanks in the battle and expecting a soldier to hold its ground.

its more a for scaling than sheer number of players. you have to take map size and space into consideration. your talking about jetpacks to get around fast. this means map size has to be big enoug that your not jetting from one oend of the map to another in 2 seconds. you also have to fit mutiple levels into a map.. id say at least 3.. ground,interior,roof.

i just keep going back to bf4 and the 64 number. sure it seems good.. but its allot and its quite fast for as big as the maps are.
No its 6 real vs 6 real plus their titans. Titans can control themselves so that's 24 total, plus another 12 AI pilots and their 12 Titans

Cool, at least with the limited count, the game won't have much issues with lag and server problems. It's a good decision to do it. I agree BF4 should also scale back their numbers that way the servers will perform better. I sometimes get disconnected whenever I play BF4.

I'm glad that we can have up to 48 competitors in one map. So that's 12 vs 12 plus AI. haha. Can't wait to start this game up. I've seen trailers about it but I haven't seen this post online. So yeah, thanks for the info man.

i dont think how many players will matter.. its an ea game.. we have already gotten a taste for its server istability and lack of customer service.

i actually have to call/get ahold of ea/origin monday to fix an account issue.(i expect to kill myself in the process)

i am def not pre ordering titanfall till i know it works... and not just plays.. i mean stability,no rubberbanding, dedicated servers(no ea) no hackers locking systems down accessable lobby's

i will be 100% honest.. i grind bf4 nightly... i can get bumped and still get back on. but for the most part i play 3-5 hrs a night. the issues from launch or horrible the patches need to be much faster and everyone is hyped up about titanfall thinking its a "game changer" no big game ea has launched on its servers has done well. i mean we have class action law suits against ea and we are bitting at the bit for titanfall.

Back