Xbox One Titanfall online only?

Jedioutcast

From
Philly
Just read an article about Titanfall not having a one player campaign option and the game being multiplayer online only. Is this true?

J

I know, but was hoping I could play it offline as well. Oh well, probably still get it.

J

Just read an article about Titanfall not having a one player campaign option and the game being multiplayer online only. Is this true?

J

Yes, that's true actually. The whole story is integrated into multiplayer. If you want to know what the hell is going on in the world of Titanfall, you'll have to play multiplayer. I remember a demo last year showed an in-game cutscene that explained a bit about the game's story and then it went straight into the action. It also has dialogues from the characters who'll explain to you not only the gameplay elements but also the things that's happening in the game's world. So yup, online-only.

Yes, just like what marthyrocks said, it's really true. I've read the article from way back. Unfortunately the game doesn't have a single player campaign. But well, it's fun playing with others right?

Yeah, the game is just an online multiplayer game. Well beats playing alone on this cool game. I can't wait to play it. I haven't played the beta so I'm looking forward to the full release.

Yup, like what the dudes say here. It's an online-only game, where you play with others but also get immersed in story. Think of it like this: while you kick some ass with others, you're also engaging in the story in real-time.

Yes, yes, they all say the truth. If you want to know the story of this game, you need to play with others online. It's the only way. Maybe in the future they'll make single-player a DLC but until then, multiplayer's the only way to truly know what in the world is going in Titanfall.

All this. Titanfall's only online. Maybe, as thecreed4life said, a single-player mode might come along but still, the developer's efforts to really make this game distinct from other shooters would be nothing if they had to make it come with single-player. Ah well, just my two cents. anyway, the story is shown when you play online so that's probably a way for the developer to convey a different way to tell a story.

All this. Titanfall's only online. Maybe, as thecreed4life said, a single-player mode might come along but still, the developer's efforts to really make this game distinct from other shooters would be nothing if they had to make it come with single-player. Ah well, just my two cents. anyway, the story is shown when you play online so that's probably a way for the developer to convey a different way to tell a story.

I think that the single player mode will take a while to develop, well seeing how the game went well on the beta version the chances have gotten slimmer for a single player mode.

They probably made this game an online multi player game in the first place because they saw the potential of the game going worldwide. Well after all, games like this are more fun when you play with other people right and not just by yourself.

Yup online only. That was always what they said since it was revealed at E3. There is a campaign but you play it online with other players. You also technically need to play it Twice (at least) since that way you can play as both factions and get both sides of the story. I thought that was a nice touch that makes a lot of sense since that would explain why there are two teams playing the same campaign mission.

Yup online only. That was always what they said since it was revealed at E3. There is a campaign but you play it online with other players. You also technically need to play it Twice (at least) since that way you can play as both factions and get both sides of the story. I thought that was a nice touch that makes a lot of sense since that would explain why there are two teams playing the same campaign mission.

Well good thing. This game won't be exciting if you play it by yourself. It's a lot better playing with friends.

so with this topic who think titanfall is a 1.5 year self life game.. how long before finding online players/matchmaking becomes difficult to actually hold a match??

I honest think it will have long legs like halo or cod. It won't maintain huge numbers, but it will keep an active community

I agree, but it would be nice if they had a bigger community if only microsoft could maximize and make it's market larger.

I agree, but it would be nice if they had a bigger community if only microsoft could maximize and make it's market larger.

Much like a MMORPG game where they have communities/ gamers that play the game a lot.

Back