Xbox One Too similar to Far Cry 3?

wowtgp

I am really amazed that Ubisoft manged to develop a full-fledged sequel to Far Cry 3 in less than 2 years. How did the manage to do it? Well, even if they made a huge game, the chances are it's going to be a bit similar to Far Cry 3. Are you worried about that?

Well at least they had two years to develop it there must be something new to it I guess. But it all comes down to shooting stuff so I guess it's a safe bet that it's going to be the same thing but let's just hope the game is still good/

They're building Far Cry 4 using the same engine as 3. So in terms of development, time was cut down since they work with already available tech. Most of the work time goes into a new story board, assets, animation and general engine improvements. So far it's looking good from what I gather but I refrain from getting excited until I see the game released and reviewed.

I always worry a little bit when a sequel comes out really soon after the previous title. I don't want to pay another $60 for what will basically end up being the same game!

It is similar in game mechanics, but the plot is entirely different. I think they've tried really hard to make it look different, in terms of the environment and animals. It's still the outrageous, over the top FPS that it was before, but instead of sunny beaches and dense rain forests, it's a cold, mountainous environment. The animals are unique in their characteristics and I think they've tried hard in that department.

But other than the latter mentioned, it's essentially the same thing with the same objectives, re-skinned and with improved graphics. If you're a fan of the series, I'd say go for it anyway.

I agree with Sasha -- if you're a fan of the Far Cry series, Far Cry 4 is definitely worth buying. I own both 3 and 4 and I don't feel like they're the 'same' game. Similar, yes, but also distinctly different.

Heck yeah! FC4 is awesome. FC 3 just has less meat, plain and simple. They took something that was already working and added more that didn't do much to ruin the feel of the game, it just feels like the same franchise but with more. Awesome :D

I'd also recommend both games. I have 3 on my Xbox One and 4 on my PS4 (Don't hate -- it was on sale). The games have similar mechanics, obviously, but vastly different locations, aesthetics, and storylines. Both draw you in and have you itching to play when you're at work, ha.

I have played both 3 and 4 and liked them a lot. They are similar but if you like the game you will end up playing both. In fact 4 is an advanced version of the previous version and is even better to play.

I thought Far Cry 4 was vastly superior, and not just from a graphical standpoint. The entire game seemed new to me and it was a welcome surprise. It's honestly one of the best games I've played recently, still get enjoyment out of it.

I really am a big fan of the Far Cry series, I have played them since Far Cry 2 and it basically is one of the funniest and more enjoyable games I've ever had the chance of playing, the graphics, the game mechanics, and the worlds really got me amazed, especially the Far Cry 4's world, it's really beautiful, I really love the fact you can go anywhere you want to as you hunt some monkeys with your bow.

They're building Far Cry 4 using the same engine as 3. So in terms of development, time was cut down since they work with already available tech. Most of the work time goes into a new story board, assets, animation and general engine improvements. So far it's looking good from what I gather but I refrain from getting excited until I see the game released and reviewed.

That makes sense, but thankfully I really like to see those changes. Especially when it comes to another line in a series, I do not really expect anything groundbreaking from each and every one, so I will take the little improvements in the story board and things of that nature. Little changes in animations can go a long way too. Thanks for sharing.

Back