Xbox One Tough decision... Ryse or Dead Rising 3???

Jedioutcast

From
Philly
Ok, need my fellow XB1 buds help... I'm definitely getting at least two games for the XB1 on its release day. I'm definitely getting Forza 5, however, it is a toss up between Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Which one should I purchase and why? Right now, I'm crazy about both games but can't afford getting both and Forza 5.

J

I do like co-op... In fact, right now I'm really enjoying Diablo III. But, I am fine playing solo as well. Both games are great looking! There is a side of me leaning towards DR3 but every store I go into, folks are telling me Ryse is the one to get.... Decisions... Decisions...

J

I'm a big community gamer so i'd go dead rising 3. Eventually you could get them both but i understand budgets. You could always wait for a demo to play but whats the fun of that on launch day :p?

I'm a big community gamer so i'd go dead rising 3. Eventually you could get them both but i understand budgets. You could always wait for a demo to play but whats the fun of that on launch day :p?

That is true. I think I will go with DR3 over Ryse for now. Besides, Christmas is coming soon :)

J

I preordered Ryse as it looks great and is really elaborate with all its cinematics and its a little different theme then what all is around. I like Dead Rising too, but I do not really like the idea of boss fights in it and it seems more hack and hack than figure things out like Ryse does.

I am probably going to get Dying Light, already preordered it, over DR3 for a kill zombie type game.

I preordered Ryse as it looks great and is really elaborate with all its cinematics and its a little different theme then what all is around. I like Dead Rising too, but I do not really like the idea of boss fights in it and it seems more hack and hack than figure things out like Ryse does.

I am probably going to get Dying Light, already preordered it, over DR3 for a kill zombie type game.

Wasn't familiar with that title, but Googled it a few mins ago... It does look good.

J

I would get RYSE, and then when you can get DR3. I only say to get RYSE first because it's been the poster child for the launch of X1, and also I got to play it. ;) You'll love it.

I say get Ryse first for its a brand new IP where the Dead Rising series is not. Dont know if you have played the first two Dead Rising games, but if you have then it is safe to assume you have some idea of how the gameplay might be like more so than Ryse.

I played Ryse and was very underwhelmed. The graphics are phenomenal, but the gameplay is lackluster. I plan on eventually playing both, but DR3 is a Day One investment.

Dead rising 3 is the title I am going to get. It just appears to have more upside like when you play coop with someone. For example of you have only done one mission but you join your buddy and he is on another level. Whatever you guys complete in his game will transfer to yours as well so you don't have to replay it :). Unless you want to of course ;). Just a cool little tid bit if you didn't know.

What would all you guys getting DR3 get if you did not play online a lot?? Would you still get DR3 or would you get Ryse???

What would all you guys getting DR3 get if you did not play online a lot?? Would you still get DR3 or would you get Ryse???

Still DR3 because there's the depth of finding all the blue prints for the secret weapons and all the different weapon combos and vehicular weapons. It sort of becomes a meta game in itself. Not to mention they already announce 4 dlc packs for their season pass so there's replayability.

personally I am partial to Dead Rising. It is mindless fun, but it is still fun. The items are hilarious. It is really ingenious to set a zombie horde in a mall. It gives the developers almost endless opportunities.

Now I'm actually thinking about changing my preorder of Forza to either Ryse or DR3 and purchase the other game outright. I love driving games, but I still have the older version of Forza and can't see it being that much better (game wise) than its previous game. Graphics aside...

J

Back