twc app is hear finally. :)

sc_shark

been waiting for the twc app since it was talked about early this year... and guess what????? it delivers....:)

honest first impression is ok. layout is very similar to amazon prime. not a easy as netflix but with tv,movies and live channels this layout works great.

their is a live tv channel watch... it is real time with commercials(expected live tv) it is tile based as stated above with the picture of south park with a black bar and the logo of comedy central above it.

things to not expect:
so far live nfl games are not on the live feed(tonight is monday night football) and was going to stream it but could not find it. you can not dvr or program what you are going to watch or look ahead at what is comming up. their is no tv guide which is ok.

things you can do:
you can tag favorites (assume channel) possibly put a series in your favorites... i put comedy central just to try it showed me south park.. you can watch live news(anderson couper/ect ect) not that i care. it does stream in hd. my digital tier offers me 144 digital channels iirc on the app. i would assume if you have the nfl package it could/would be added.

things i am unaware of:
i have been in therapy during the day and have not tried to watch espn/sports center... so i dont know if its a channel or if you would need to use the espn app. it seems to be based primarily on live tv with no pause option. what general movies in digital stream are avaliable are older(meet the fokers) is one that comes to mind. i have not run across or looked for fx or any of the movie based channels. their is a channel search but yet to use it.

setup:
setup was actually quite easy. you have to create a digital login for twc. myservices.timewarnercable.com

xbox support has a really great writeup on how to setup and how the app is used.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/apps/twc-tv/twc-tv-setup

general idea:
it works well for what it is.. it runs smooth and seems to be faster backing out of a tv show than netflix or amazon prime. the layout is good. setup is quite easy.

Okay, I totally saw TWC and I was like "Why is he so excited about an app for The Weather Channel?" lol

Back