Typing Games

Jules

My niece is learning how to type and she really likes some of the typing games I've introduced her to - Lion King and Mavis Beacon. She is kind of getting bored of those two games and would like to incorporate others into her learning. Any recommendations?

I remember playing a Carmen Sandiego typing game when I was younger, haha! I don't think it's available any longer, but it was a lot of fun.

Is that Carmen Sandiego as in Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? That just popped into my head, but it's been years since I heard that title. I didn't know it was a typing game, though. I don't know of any current typing games, but anything with a lot of repetition should help your niece master typing.

Is that Carmen Sandiego as in Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? That just popped into my head, but it's been years since I heard that title. I didn't know it was a typing game, though. I don't know of any current typing games, but anything with a lot of repetition should help your niece master typing.

Yup, that's the one! There was a whole series of Carmen Sandiego games, for the computer and for the Sega Genesis, if I remember correctly. Some of them were the "Where in Time/Space/etc" kind of games, and some of them were more directly learning/educational ones. I remember there was a math one, for instance.

I miss the Carmen Sandiego games, but especially the game show on TV. I didn't know there was a typing game though. It would be neat if I could find a copy of that just for fun.

PopCap makes a cute one called Typer Shark. It's pretty fun, from what I can recall. I myself still don't know how to type the "correct" way, but I can still type super fast and one-handed.

Every now and then I will test out one just to see how I am doing when I am messing around writing up reports for work. Even though I have done this type of work for years now (feels like eons) if I can brush up and save more time it makes me happier in the end. How old is the kiddo right now?

There's a pretty fun game online called Type or Die. I heard about it on the G4 TV channel, and I just played it after reading this topic. I got to level 19 out of 20. I thought that was pretty good, but unfortunately I still died. :rolleyes:

Type or Die is awesome. I tried it a while back. I type pretty fast but I still died after level 12... Never got to actually finish it.
I already know how to type fast but these games are good for having 5 minutes of fun. I actually played it at work, my colleagues told me I'm crazy but they did not even get to level 8 or 9 so jokes on them. You can find the game online and have fun with it. It's a bit stressful but it's refreshing after a few hours of work work work.

I don't know if you could still find it, or if there is an updated version available, but I remember learning to type with a Mario typing game called Mario Teaches Typing. While it probably sounds nerdy to say it, that game was incredibly fun!!

Back