Used Xbox... What to get?

Ericfx1984

My son's (12 and 14) and I are looking at getting an Xbox One or newer console

We are going to purchase it used to save money.

We are currently living in an RV while we are building our own house... So space is at a premium

Currently we have a 32-in TV that does 720p... But we'll probably go up to something between a 38 and a 52-in TV when the house is finished

Mostly we game on retro stuff, we have an Atari 2600, one of those Chinese Nintendo emulators that look like a tiny Nintendo, an OG Xbox, and a Xbox 360

We've considered a few different options

-Xbox One.

I found these for as cheap as $45, with no controllers, to as much as $150 with a couple controllers and a stack of games

-Xbox One s

significantly smaller than the original Xbox One, and it has an internal power supply for even more space savings... and I can usually find them for anywhere from $75 to $150... Sometimes they'll have controllers sometimes they won't...

-Xbox One X

I found these for anywhere from $70 with no controllers on up to $250 with a controller or two... It seems like this is a much faster gaming system than the one and the one s... And in certain circumstances even faster than the series s... It seems that adding an SSD is really the hot ticket for an Xbox One X

-Xbox series s

This unit is even smaller than the one s/x... And while it does have a technically slower GPU, it is better able to utilize the gpu due to its significantly faster CPU... Of course an additional benefit is the fact that it has an SSD from the factory

I've seen these go for as cheap as $145 with one controller to as much as over $300 with two controllers... Of course that's crazy when you consider I can just go to eBay and buy one for $230 with a controller directly from Microsoft

So which one do you think makes the most sense for me?

Thanks in advance

At this point I'm strongly leaning towards the Xbox One X ... I actually found one local with a stack of games and a bad controller for $100 bill... I figure by the time I get a couple used controllers I'm probably $150 to $175 in

And the 1X seems a lot more appealing due to the fact that it has a disk drive... That's a big Plus in my opinion... Sure I'll miss out on a couple of the more up-to-date titles... But I'm more interested in buying games used...

My son's (12 and 14) and I are looking at getting an Xbox One or newer console

We are going to purchase it used to save money.

We are currently living in an RV while we are building our own house... So space is at a premium

Currently we have a 32-in TV that does 720p... But we'll probably go up to something between a 38 and a 52-in TV when the house is finished

Mostly we game on retro stuff, we have an Atari 2600, one of those Chinese Nintendo emulators that look like a tiny Nintendo, an OG Xbox, and a Xbox 360

We've considered a few different options

-Xbox One.

I found these for as cheap as $45, with no controllers, to as much as $150 with a couple controllers and a stack of games

-Xbox One s

significantly smaller than the original Xbox One, and it has an internal power supply for even more space savings... and I can usually find them for anywhere from $75 to $150... Sometimes they'll have controllers sometimes they won't...

-Xbox One X

I found these for anywhere from $70 with no controllers on up to $250 with a controller or two... It seems like this is a much faster gaming system than the one and the one s... And in certain circumstances even faster than the series s... It seems that adding an SSD is really the hot ticket for an Xbox One X

-Xbox series s

This unit is even smaller than the one s/x... And while it does have a technically slower GPU, it is better able to utilize the gpu due to its significantly faster CPU... Of course an additional benefit is the fact that it has an SSD from the factory

I've seen these go for as cheap as $145 with one controller to as much as over $300 with two controllers... Of course that's crazy when you consider I can just go to eBay and buy one for $230 with a controller directly from Microsoft

So which one do you think makes the most sense for me?

Thanks in advance
Hello and Good Evening,
I have had both the Xbox one and the Xbox series x, I would go with the Xbox one to start with your TV setup, as the Xbox series x would not be an advantage for your setup, the full potential of the Xbox series x is a 4k TV that has 120 hz so you can get 120 frames a second, a half decent TV that puts out 120hz is going to put you out at least 2000.00, you should be able to get a half decent Xbox one for a couple hundred or less.
I presently have an Xbox series x that I paid 220.00 for and all I had to do was replace the power supply in it, that the seller had on hand, but didn't want to attempt to change it out himself.

Hello and Good Evening,
I have had both the Xbox one and the Xbox series x, I would go with the Xbox one to start with your TV setup, as the Xbox series x would not be an advantage for your setup, the full potential of the Xbox series x is a 4k TV that has 120 hz so you can get 120 frames a second, a half decent TV that puts out 120hz is going to put you out at least 2000.00, you should be able to get a half decent Xbox one for a couple hundred or less.
I presently have an Xbox series x that I paid 220.00 for and all I had to do was replace the power supply in it, that the seller had on hand, but didn't want to attempt to change it out himself.
P.S I meant to say the Xbox one x would be your best choice

Back