Video games at the dentist's office

incredibleone

I was visiting my niece in New Orleans when I saw several Gamecube systems set up in her dentist's office's lounge. It was actually her orthodontist but it doesn't matter. The receptionist says the games put the kids in a hypnotic like state and makes them comfortable to be in a difficult environment like the doctor's office. I was kind of surprised to see 4 different mario kart games set up on gamecube systems. Each had its own tv too.

Wow, that's awesome. I love places that do stuff like that. Definitely helps me feel more comfortable wherever it is. I was in an airport and they had some XBox and PS3 systems set up with a bunch of games and screens. Really helped my waiting time fly by, and I'm sure a lot of parents were happy that their kids weren't running around screaming.

What airport were you in that had xbox and ps3 consoles set up? I need to travel through there. I wouldn't mind flying as much! That sounds so cool. What games were available to play on the consoles? Tell us more!

That is one awesome dentist's office; I'm usually stuck playing mobile games if I play anything at all.

That is very cool of them. I took my son one time to the dentist office and they had the old arcard-type systems set up for the kids to play for free. They weren't the actual Pac-Man and Galaga games, but miniature replicas that the kids could enjoy more. It definitely made the visit go a lot smoother for us.

That is very cool of them. I took my son one time to the dentist office and they had the old arcard-type systems set up for the kids to play for free. They weren't the actual Pac-Man and Galaga games, but miniature replicas that the kids could enjoy more. It definitely made the visit go a lot smoother for us.

Yes, every doctor's and dentist's office should have these games to put the kids at ease. Imagine how easy it would be to get your kids eager and ready to go visit the dentist! I remember when I was a kid the dentist had a Where's Waldo book and that was it. Lame.

Wow ive never heard of that before but it sounds like a great idea! When i was a lot younger, there would actually be Tv's on the roof and you got to pick a movie to watch while you got your appointment done :p It really did help a lot and i think all dentist offices for children should do something of the sort. Itll definitely make kids less anxious about going!

Wow ive never heard of that before but it sounds like a great idea! When i was a lot younger, there would actually be Tv's on the roof and you got to pick a movie to watch while you got your appointment done :p It really did help a lot and i think all dentist offices for children should do something of the sort. Itll definitely make kids less anxious about going!

Damn. TV's on the ceiling in the room where they clean your teeth. That is some futuristic ish right there! I wish my dentist's office had that when I was a kid. They should take it to the next level and hook up a console to those tv's and hand you a controller. Imagine gaming while having a cavity filled, lol.

Well this is new to me. The only place where they have gaming systems set up is at game shops here. It would be pretty cool having a game console set up in my dentists but that wouldn't happen. I would probably be in there an hour before my appointment. Guess some people are lucky with their dentists.

Well this is new to me. The only place where they have gaming systems set up is at game shops here. It would be pretty cool having a game console set up in my dentists but that wouldn't happen. I would probably be in there an hour before my appointment. Guess some people are lucky with their dentists.

Hey, at least you'd be on time for once, eh? I'm sure the dentist would appreciate that. I think video games in dentist and doctors offices are the wave of the future. Kids will be begging to go!

Damn. TV's on the ceiling in the room where they clean your teeth. That is some futuristic ish right there! I wish my dentist's office had that when I was a kid. They should take it to the next level and hook up a console to those tv's and hand you a controller. Imagine gaming while having a cavity filled, lol.

Haha yeah thatd be awesome, they werent super fancy tvs or anything though and if i remember right it wasnt a super good dentistry or anything. Looking back on it, i was pretty lucky to be able to watch stuff while being at the dentist! The only bad part was that i could only ever make it halfway through the movie and then it was time to go :(

Back