Xbox One What are the limits of Destiny's shared world?

AvalonX

I wonder if we will see interaction between 360 users and Xbox One users within the shared world of Destiny. It is the same network. I for one would buy a copy of the 360 version as well if this was a feature. Anyone know the limitations of what Bungie is planning?

Even the public events could be shared, I don't see a technical reason why they could not be.

I think this would be an excellent idea. I know I may not be getting a XBox one immediately, but also, do I want to invest in a game on a system I'm soon upgrading?

I think this would be an excellent idea. I know I may not be getting a XBox one immediately, but also, do I want to invest in a game on a system I'm soon upgrading?

Right, imagine if you could start your character on the 360 and it's the same one on Xbox One. I don't expect say 360 to be shared with PS4 but I hope it isn't 4 different shared worlds, one for each system. Imagine if the kids are playing Minecraft on the Xbox One and you could go grind your character out on the old 360. I would definitely purchase multiple copies of the game for that.

They haven't talked about these features much yet. I saw an interview of Destiny devs with Angry Joe. Joe kept asking different questions, but all he got was ,"We are not ready to talk about this feature yet. You will hear more from us in near future". No doubt, he was infuriated and curtailed the interview really short.

They haven't talked about these features much yet. I saw an interview of Destiny devs with Angry Joe. Joe kept asking different questions, but all he got was ,"We are not ready to talk about this feature yet. You will hear more from us in near future". No doubt, he was infuriated and curtailed the interview really short.

Let me tell you if they were able to share the world imagine how many people will be playing this game. I am a little concerned with the install base which could affect population. Especially since there will be 2 new systems. If they could at least leverage the same networks, that would help a lot.

Back