What are your proudest moments from playing on Xbox Live?

Joker99352

From
Washington
I have a couple, both from my time playing Halo 2 online:

The first time was during a game of capture the flag. Both teams started out and immediately began attacking each other (which is perfectly understandable), so I literally walked straight over to the enemy's flag, grabbed it, and walked straight back to my base to win the match. There was nobody defending their flag, and no one around to keep me from scoring once I picked it up. I didn't get hit once.

The second was kind of funny, and incidentally another game of capture the flag on Halo 2. I was playing on the red team in the map that resembles a factory with the moving conveyor belt, and a guy on my team (let's call him Red Guy) was holding the blue team's flag right at our base. I had been playing for a while at that point, but I had an off day and could not for the life of me figure out why he wouldn't score. Because I didn't have a headset, I looked at him with my camera, then looked at the capture point and fired a few bullets at it. Red Guy must have understood what I was saying because he said something like "We need our flag back" over his headset. I "nodded" with the camera, then ran off to get the flag. I found it just a few yards away from the blue base, grabbed it, and a few seconds later was met with "Game over." We had won.

To this day, I remember that awkward non-verbal exchange between myself and Red Guy. It wasn't a great feat it itself, but it's burned into my memory as one of my proudest moments. What about you guys?

One of my fondest was me and a friend just messing around on GTA IV. A couple of friends left the Xbox Live Party so it was just me and a friend named Sparky. We decided to play GTA IV for a few until he had to eat dinner. I was driving a baggage carrier at the airport and my friend Sparky was in the passengers seat. We were taking the thing off some sweet jumps just messing around and I went off the one jump that goes over the plane wing. The thing did like 4 backflips and landed perfectly. Sparky starts cracking up and telling his dad what happened. It was just a nice quiet ending to the gaming session.

My favorite Xbox Live moment, by far, is from NBA 2K11. A friend and I both played in My Player mode quite frequently, and we had our own crew for Crew Games. Both of us were guards, I point guard and him shooting guard. Short, white, guards. My overall was about 85 and his was around 75. We were in a match against two guys who were both at 99 overall. And they're players were basically the stature of LeBron James with the highest stats possible. At one point, I drove down the line with my 6'1" point guard who just so happened to have a dunk rating of 99 at the time, and he went all Spud Webb on both of the other players and dunked right over both of them, then proceeded to hang on the rim with his crotch in their faces. We ended up losing the game, but it was one of my favorite plays in any sports game.

However, I have made two full court shots online, so both of those are pretty special to me.

One of my proudest moments of playing online, was beating an opponent in NBA 2K13. I remember there was moments when I would play NBA 2K13 online, and see someone who was highly ranked. I would always think about how hard this opponent must be, then when I would actually beat them, I would be extremely content.

I've had some pretty awesome Left4Dead moments with pub games and one in particular that comes to mind is a survival game where we were trying to get supplies and switch locations. We were playing lighthouse (I think that's the name of the map) and we've went through our stock of gas and explosives. While trying to climb up to a higher point just trying to squeeze out a few seconds more.

My team dies and a Tank is running after me. I just want to get out of there. There's so many things happening at once.The couple friends I had on the team was on party with me. For those who know this map, then you know there's a point where you get to the outside. Like some freaking teleport monster, there's the Tank and he gets a direct hit. The whacky thing about L4D the original and some cases the second, is that the physics is a little messed up. So much that I land and am not dead. I was pushed away from the crowd of the undead but they are hot on my tail. I'm next to the edge and I jump. To hell with those things I didn't survive just to get remobbed.

As I fell I heard my friends yelling over the party chat. Magic baby.. Magic.

Back