What is your in-game name?

sunkinship

For games like Dark Souls and even Pokemon, you usually are given a chance to name your character, and previously threaded about this idea and that many people use the same names. So, in this regard, what names do you use most commonly on your games?

It's interesting that I see my friends use the same name for different game characters all the time. I come up with something new for every game. Usually something that will make me chuckle. Particularly with Pokemon names I like to name them something borderline inappropriate, though the new game won't let you have a lot of fun with that.

Going to have to say I usually do my name at least when it comes to single player or select from a small collection of game names that I particularly enjoy such as Gamer_Fries or Cyther.

I shamelessly use name generators whenever it comes to RPGs or games with more "serious" environments and lore. I have a firm hatred towards seeing NPCs call me "Hello there xXxS3ph1r0thxXx", it's a bit immersion breaking.

Nowadays i usually use crunkatron just out of force of habit. If not i'll come up with something that will sound funny when an NPC says it, or funny when a player online reads it.

Well I use different names for different games but for pretty much all online team games like AOE, DOTA, CS etc, I go by either Atrocious (A joke on how bad I was in CS when I started playing) or Nightgaunt. I also occasionally just put a weird meaningless name just for the heck of it.

Back