What music are you into?

Haze

Former Moderator
From
Australia
What type of music do you like/love? You can list bands/singers too if you would prefer.

I love Mr Bungle. I don't think many people know them, but if ya know Mike Patton, you'll know who Mr Bungle is.

Music-wise, I'm into anything really. I'm not mad about music though so I'm easily pleased. I can tell you what music I don't like - Country, most rap, indie, pop, black/death metal.

Anyways, tell us your favourites!

What type of music do you like/love? You can list bands/singers too if you would prefer.

I love Mr Bungle. I don't think many people know them, but if ya know Mike Patton, you'll know who Mr Bungle is.

Music-wise, I'm into anything really. I'm not mad about music though so I'm easily pleased. I can tell you what music I don't like - Country, most rap, indie, pop, black/death metal.

Anyways, tell us your favourites!

Oh gosh yes. This. This thread right here.

Haha, anyways, yeah I've heard of Mr.Bungle. I have a song by them on my iPod. Really crazy group... o.o

Ya know, where I hear people list genres they don't like "country" and "rap" are part of the generic few that I see. Really, you just haven't heard the good stuff. There's always a diamond in the rough, I guess. I like everything. I might not always like songs of every genre, but there is at least a few songs that I like.

I'd list all of the genres that I like, but I feel like I'd just take up too much space. I'll tell you this, I like: rap, country, trance/electro/techno, industrial, metal, rock, SOME ALTERNATIVE, folk, blah blah blah blah. Too many to get into. As of now, I'm in an industrial faze.

My favorite band is Tool. My favorite singer is James Maynard Keenan, lead singer of Puscifer and A Perfect Circle. I know that APC came to Australia and I was soooo jealous when I heard that. Those are my two other favorites.

I'm mostly a rap and rock fan. I listen to a little bit of RB and some jazz. Hip hop for me is a way to life. I just understand the particulars about rap more thne any other music genre. I can identify each instrument, know the parts to a rap song, and the best albums to buy. I can't say that about other genres because I didn't study them like I did hip hop.

I prefer older bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, ACDC, Led Zeppellin etc. As you can probably tell I like country rock and rock. I'm definitely not a hiphop/rap person, I just don't like them. I've gotta say my favorites songs are Swamp Music, Needle and the Spoon and Call Me the Breeze (all by Lynyrd Skynyrd). I always love game soundtracks because they're always so unique like Belly of the Beast in the Halo 4 soundtrack.

As everyone says, I love almost all music lol. But generally I prefer my blues on the odd occasion, most of the time I go for some harder grungy kinda stuff. Something like FFTL, Saosin, Deftones...

I'm a rock guy. I listen to ska, reggae and dancehall occasionally, but I mostly listen to rock. Classic, hard, punk, indie, surf, I love them for the most part. I also listen to tons of sound tracks and movie and game themes, which most people think is kind of weird.

Alternative rock/pop
Indie rock/pop
Piano rock/pop
Art rock/pop
Folk rock
Trip hop
Experimental
Electronic/Electronica
Soul/Neo soul
Classical

I have a wide taste of music as you can see.

I like so much music, I listen to a lot of hardcore, indie, punk, stuff like that. I really like calmer stuff too though, it's always nice to brew a fresh cup of coffee and listen to some ambient stuff.

I am into pop and pop rock mostly. I listen to some country and some rock and roll also. I guess you can say my MP3 has everything on it from Alabama to ZZ Top. I think it has everything in between also.

I like intellectual rap. Stuff like Baba Brinkman, MC Frontalot, and also Lil Wayne. If you like intellectual music, i would highly recommend Baba Brinkman. He raps about the Canterbury Tales, Evolution, Human Nature, and stuff like that. He gives away most of his albums for free on his website. Well, you can pay whatever you want for them - including $0.00.

Everything from classical to breakcore. I mainly listen to trip hop and down tempo stuff although I am a Drum & bass DJ.

I honestly don't know.
I like a little bit of dubstep, instrumentals, pop, rap, a variety of different things.
I'm just trying to find the one genre that I like the most.

I like a lot of genres, recently I've been listening to country and dance-dubstep tracks on pandora. On my PC I mostly got pop-punk and rock but I also like some hip-hop tracks. It's all about the mood I'm in :)

I actually have a bit of an eclectic taste in music. I like anything from musicals to heavy metal. People are often really surprised when they look at my iPod :). However, I do still have a couple of favourite bands. One of them is Breaking Benjamin, who I suppose could be considered alternative/progressive rock. I personally think they're a little heavier than that but I do believe that's what the Wikipedia page classifies them as. I also really like Poets of the Fall, which is another progressive rock band. And last but not least, Rascal Flatts. They're a country band.

I love Dubstep, reggae, ragga, minimal house, and some metal :p

As of late, mostly technical metal, like Animals as Leaders, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and Periphery, but I like a lot of subgenres of rock and metal. Some of my other favorite bands: Deftones, Tool, Dream Theater, Rush, Meshuggah, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Chevelle, The Smashing Pumpkins, Melvins.

I like rock...varying from 90s to 'alternative' to some harder stuff.
TOOL, apocalyptica, Rise against, Godsmack, Lamb of God, Third Eye Blind, Seether.

Back