Xbox 360 Where do you buy your games?

SteeelWoool

I usually preorder games from Gamestop so I can get a fancy little knick knack. With older games, I usually get them online for the best prices. How about you guys?

I usually buy games on my Xbox itself or from the local GameStop.

I get pretty much all of mine online, unless I have a really compelling reason to get one at gamestop.

Like most people said, I generally buy my new games from Gamestop just because I have one nearby. If I'm looking for an older game, I'll most likely check Amazon and Gamestop's website to compare the prices between both companies. Surprisingly, you can sometimes find some good deals on Amazon on old games that aren't bought as often as they used to be. Gamestop tends to maintain high prices even after a game has been out for a couple of years. It's always good to look for the best deal, right?

Online. I'm a very lazy guy so I just order from Amazon, or some other website if Amazon doesn't have it which is very rare.

I go through Amazon or other online retailers. Gamestop is a pretty horrible place and going online is much better in my opinion.

Mostly online because you can get them the cheapest there. Sometimes in a cheap store though (the mainstream ones are too pricey)

Seeing that in my country, all the games are either 60€ and they never drop in price, i only buy online, specially from stores like Zavvi and Amazon.co.uk. Game is also cool, but after a bad experience with them, i decided to stay away.

PC games are all online via steam/Digitlal Download. Current/next Gen consoles are usually from eb games/futureshop and anything older is from a little shop downtown called Just For Fun

When buying new games it varies for me to be honest. If they are new games then I will pre order them at my local Game Store and pick it up on release however if it's older games I will either get them online, at my local game store if they have them in at a good price or will purchase them on the Xbox from the dashboard however usually I can get older games cheaper from the game store. I also rent games if I am unsure of whether purchasging them would be worth it from my local Blockbuster store which can be handy as there have been many times when I have purchased a game at full retail price and not liked it.

I also rent games if I am unsure of whether purchasging them would be worth it from my local Blockbuster store which can be handy as there have been many times when I have purchased a game at full retail price and not liked it.

haha I'm super jealous of you. We can't rent games where I live anymore as both blockbuster and roger's went out of buisness.

I get my games from HMV, especially if they are new, because they are extremely trustworthy with everything so far. I've had a couple of bad games from CEX, and then they don't buy them back because they don't work! I also think Game is good. Overall I'm not really that fussy, and haven't had many problems so far.

I buy and pre-order all my Xbox 360 games from Gamestop. I tend to buy a couple off of Amazon or Ebay if they are pre-owned. I really enjoy the service at Gamestop since the staff is usually knowledgeable and quite helpful when it comes to choosing the right kind of Xbox game to fit my style. I use to go to Gamedude for the older Xbox console games that aren't distributed in stores anymore, but Gamestop is in a more convenient location for me. I really enjoy the deals and bonuses that Gamestop offers and i'll continue going there for all of my Xbox 360 game purchases!

Mostly online where I can find the best price, which is most typically on Amazon. I also frequent Gamestop, and midnight releases can be fun.

I usually preorder games from Gamestop so I can get a fancy little knick knack. With older games, I usually get them online for the best prices. How about you guys?

I think buying them online is just way to convenient. I haven't walked into a physical store and purchased a game in I don't know how long. I'll even have to look into where I can sell my older games got like 50 of them just collecting dust.

I live in Australia and all of the stores here will rip you off, so I buy online. A brand new X360/PS3 game would cost A$100-120 here, but I can get them online (including shipping from the UK) for the equivalent of about $60.

Where I buy my games does really depend on where I can find it for the best price. Money these days is rather tight
and if I'm able to buy a game for cheaper online than in the store then I will do. If I'm very much looking forward to a game
though and it comes with some good pre-order goodies I will splash out and pre-order it. Overall though it is a mixture of both
as I do sometimes find games cheaper in store than I would have online (plus no delivery charge).

I buy all of my games at a local best buy. I know that they get a lot of hate, but they always have the product I need and I can get in and out quick. Not to mention it's just down the street...

I usually buy from whoever has it the cheapest, but not always. I've been buying fewer used games because I've been able to find new ones for hardly any higher a price, so I go with that when I can. Depending on the game, I usually wait until it goes on sale and then grab it from whoever has it. The last game I bought was Halo 4, which went on sale over the weekend. I had intended to buy it from Best Buy's website (mainly because of the reward points, and because I buy a lot of stuff from there anyway), but it went out of stock as I was checking out so I bought it from Amazon for the same price. I've bought a ton of games from Gamestop over the years, but I've gotten into the habit of distrusting used games (even with a guarantee) because I'm sort of obsessive in that way.

I honestly buy games were it is the cheapest for me. I do try and buy my games from the high street but sometimes I can get them online for almost half the price.
If I'm out and see a game I want though I will buy it but how I said, it does depend on how much cheaper I can get it.

Back