Where do you find PC games

France9

Where do you find games for your PC? Do you play more games that you need a subscription for or more that you just buy a disc? I don't play many PC games but I am interested in learning more about them.

I check Big Fish everyday because they come out with at least one new game per calendar date. You don't need a subscription to play or purchase, but it will save you money in the long-run if you join their games club. Bonus: they'll send you a free stuffed animal of their mascot after you've been a member for so long!

I hadn't ever heard of Big Fish until I read this post but I'll definitely check them out, so thanks 360vixen. :~) As for me, I normally just buy a disc game rather than play online subscription-required games.

I have a STEAM account so I get my games there. I like it very much because there are times when there are free games for 3 days like last weekend where Modern Warfare 3 was free to play. Bigfishgames is also a good place to get games but the games there are too short for me to play.

I read a ton of info online before I even think about buying most games now, if its something big I will follow the development from the first time info leaks about it. I hate the idea of wasting money and we have done that far too many times already.

I also have a STEAM account, I find it to be a convenient way to play with your friends online. Once in a while I'll buy a game at GameStop, but only if it's something I'm really looking forward to.

I read a ton of info online before I even think about buying most games now, if its something big I will follow the development from the first time info leaks about it. I hate the idea of wasting money and we have done that far too many times already.

I know what you mean about the idea of wasting money on a bad game!! (Or at least a game that you'll end up disliking, whether or not it's actually a "bad" game.) We also do a lot of research on a game before we buy it, reading reviews that others have written about game play and even watching clips of game play on YouTube if/when they're available. And if possible, we rent the game and play it before we buy it. Sure, if you buy it, you wind up having spent more money by renting AND buying than just by buying it straight out, but if you hate it, you've only lost a portion of what you would have lost if you had just went straight out and bought it. And we always buy used anyways, so even with renting it first, we still don't have the full-price cost invested in it. :~)

Back