Xbox 360 Which game that made you take days off work?

gracie

My husband's cousin told us that he ALWAYS takes a WEEK OFF whenever COD out and spends a lot of the time in the game with his buddies. My husband himself was guilty of taking two days off for Battlefield, my raid leader in World of Warcraft took a week off when the new patch hit, and I know someone who took 3 days off for HALO. So I would imagine it's safe to say that it's pretty common among some hardcore gamer ,so I am wondering, which game that made you take your day off work to play it and why? and if you have never taken days off to play any game,which game would you be willing to burn your days of vacation for?

For now ,my vote would probably go to FF 14 since my friend has been so far ahead and it seems like a fun game so far.

I never takes DAYS off work for any game. But when it's a game I really want and look forward to playing, I will either use a sick day or vacation day so I can pick it up at midnight. Grand Theft Auto 5 was the last game I did that for a week ago. I played for almost 12 hours. During the week I might get 2-4 hours in, but usually all night on weekends.

I've done this a couple of times - Mass Effect 2 & 3 managed to get me to miss a few days. Diablo III managed to burn off some days. Um... lost a day or two on The Last of Us and Heavy Rain and the Miyazaki game. Other than that I've managed to hold it in to the Weekend wherein I basically locked myself in a room and refused to leave the game.

I took a day off of work a couple days after Dead Island came out, a buddy and I put about 30 hours in over a period of 36 total. We were hooked and I wasn't making it to work!

I have never taken a day off work for any game! I have gone in late before from playing too much and not getting ready on time. I just can't justify loosing out on money to play a video game! I work from home now though, so I can actually play games while I work sometimes and I do.

Yes, I agree that no game has ever made me take off work to actually play it. I don't think any game is important enough to take off work just to play it. This is coming from a gamer that loves playing video games. I just don't enjoy playing video games that much.

I own a lot of consoles so I have taken several days off to play various games. I used to take a day off for Madden. I've taken days off for GTA V, Halo, Call of Duty, Age of Empires, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and Skyrim.

I've never taken a day off for a game. I've been totally addicted and have played all night after I get home from work, but never actually took time off for a game. I know a lot of people around here take the day off for the Madden release.

GTA series has always made me play them all night and not go to work the very next day. So yeah, it's a leave for me the next day.

My husband's cousin told us that he ALWAYS takes a WEEK OFF whenever COD out and spends a lot of the time in the game with his buddies. My husband himself was guilty of taking two days off for Battlefield, my raid leader in World of Warcraft took a week off when the new patch hit, and I know someone who took 3 days off for HALO. So I would imagine it's safe to say that it's pretty common among some hardcore gamer ,so I am wondering, which game that made you take your day off work to play it and why? and if you have never taken days off to play any game,which game would you be willing to burn your days of vacation for?

For now ,my vote would probably go to FF 14 since my friend has been so far ahead and it seems like a fun game so far.

I've never had the luxury of taking off for work to stay home and play a game, but a friend of mine takes the day off after any big release - COD, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, you name it. He pre-orders, waits in line to pick his game up at midnight the day it's released, and then spends all of the next day playing "hooky" on his 360.

I never take a day off of work for a game, it's just not right for me. But some games were really close to making me. When Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC dropped I was excited! It was one of the best zombies maps ever! I was so close... but I realized that, "Am I really gonna lose $100 that I make this day for a DLC?" and I didn't go through with ut.

I've never had a full time job that I have taken time of for a video game. But I definitely have skipped classes to play games. No one particular game has done this for me. Soul Calibur 4 was definitely the Xbox 360 game that had me most hooked. I would play it day and night. I've also had this experience with games on Nintendo and Sony consoles too though.

I've never taken a day off work (well, school/college/uni) for a game! Even with games I've been excited about for years, I've never taken a day off. My studies are far more important than playing a game a few hours earlier than I would otherwise.

That said, I have (on occasion) rushed pieces of homework/coursework to get back to playing games, but I usually try and get things done to a decent standard.

I actually skipped a couple of days of school to play shenmue and MGS2:Sons of Liberty.
Other than that i dont think ive taken time off or work, nor will i take time off for any games that i know of.

None? I have never been so deep into a game or wanted to play a game badly enough to were I would purposefuly miss some sort of work/school setting. If there is a game I really want to play I will usually start Friday night and then continue through the weekend if it is really that engrossing.

I've never had the luxury of taking off for work to stay home and play a game, but a friend of mine takes the day off after any big release - COD, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, you name it. He pre-orders, waits in line to pick his game up at midnight the day it's released, and then spends all of the next day playing "hooky" on his 360.

Same here, i bet a lot of people do this.

Usually when a new GTA or Battlefield gets a release date, I took that day off.
I only do it with a few games so it's not too bad.

Haven't really took a day off for gaming yet, although Skyrim is guilty of making me lose a fair month or two from my life. Whenever I start getting into open world games, I can never stop. GTA V would be the most recent example, I still haven't beat it fully.

I've never done it. Taking a day/week off just to play games is a bit pushing it. My friend stayed home for weeks at the Skyrim launch though, I'm amazed he was allowed to keep his job.

Back