Xbox 360 Which Guilds Did You Prefer? The Ones In Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim?

StreetShark

From
Florida
Like it says in title, did you like the guilds/guild missions in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim better? I liked the ones in Oblivion more as there were regional offices. The guilds in Skyrim were kind of like the ones in Morrowind only there was that one hub office and the questlines seemed short when you look at the titles on paper, but were longer by execution, I guess.

I preferred the ones in Morrowind and Oblivion. Even though the questlines weren't that long until the last one, they were still fun. Skyrim's weren't anything to sneeze at either, it was just that guilds weren't a big thing in the land of Skyrim. That's what makes me believe that The Elder Scrolls series' main line could go for awhile. You can always make a new game and set it at a period already visited, just a different land.

Like you could make Morrowind at the time of Skyrim (which would just seeming depressing) or Skyrim during Oblivion. Same time period, different setting, different overall conflicts.

I like that idea. You usually only heard blurbs of what happened in neighboring lands and what the culture was like. The Elder Scrolls series could have whole Eras done for each land. There's always that HERO or LEGEND for each land anyway.

To answer the original question: Skyrim. I found it easier to finish guild quests in that game and some of the quests would go on for a bit (when it came to tomb diving).

That's actually a good idea of the main Elder Scrolls series, man. I hadn't thought about continuing Elder Scrolls in that way. Like there's more places to explore, but that's could actually work.

I just wished that there were more branches of guilds/organizations in Skyrim. It's such a vast game with so many locations. There should've been more guild locations.

More to the guilds would've been preferred in Skyrim. I would've just play guild missions for the longest, really.

I would've loved more more guilds or multiple guilds in the same line of work. There can be competition, you know. On my current game I'm mainly doing Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild missions. Before that I usually did The Companions' missions.

I would've like competing guilds in the same general class, really. Like a harder version of the Blackwood mercenaries to the Fighter's Guild. There could've been several for each overall class. Stealth pretty much has two non-competing guilds.

I think that there should be random generated mission for guilds after the main questline for these guilds are over. We play and complete the quests and that's it, no more to do after that. More random and infinite missions to work for the guilds would have been great just like how we have infinite quests from the bars in Skyrim.

Totally. Guilds should've offered more missions and random ones wouldn't have been difficult from the Companions.

-Kill a giant
-Kill a dragon
-Retrieve a weapon
-Kill these bandits
-Get this book
-Straighten this guy out

That's not a difficult quest setup. Once you're done with the main questline there's no reason to hang around which sucks because I love the Companions.

Random quests would work so well. If they wanted to cut out the dialog part they could've just said "Check the board" or "We have these jobs...okay, get to it." That's it. There wouldn't even need to be a spoken dialog for that specific random quest.

See that format would've worked for me. Voice dialog is great to have, but for generic, random missions I don't need full speech. Just give me the missions.

I would've loved dueling thieves guilds or a Dark Brotherhood and Dark Elf house attempting to regain some influence.

I think that there should be random generated mission for guilds after the main questline for these guilds are over. We play and complete the quests and that's it, no more to do after that. More random and infinite missions to work for the guilds would have been great just like how we have infinite quests from the bars in Skyrim.

Infinitely generating quests would've been awesome in Skyrim and Nuke's suggestion of how to do it seems like it would be easy.

Those dark elf houses did make it seem like there was much more to do in Morrowind. I always wished that would've gotten ported over to Xbox 360 in that first or second year.

Morrowind on 360 would've been great. That could've been a surprise game for GWG. It's one of those oldies that I'd get excited about since the only ways to get it are PC and original Xbox.

Morrowind on 360 would've been great. That could've been a surprise game for GWG. It's one of those oldies that I'd get excited about since the only ways to get it are PC and original Xbox.

Morrowind would be one old game I wouldn't complain about on GWG. I would actually buy a month to get Morrowind on 360.

Back