Xbox 360 Who is your favorite video game sidekick?

pojokers

Everyone has a favorite hero or boss from a video game but what about the sidekick. For me I've got a dead tie between the Dog from Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and the horse in The Shadow of the Colossus. I guess you can say I like my sidekick's quiet and obedient.The dog has made my Skyrim adventures not so lonely and the horse has gotten out of harms way in many occasions.

Who is your favorite video game sidekick?

Well my favorite video game chacter is Mario, specifically Paper Mario. I just love everything about Mario and how heroic he is and never turns down a challenge. All Mario games are special to me really lol.

Hmm... Argos from SoC is definitely up there - particularly after he threw me to safety and appeared to die. However, I think my favorite would be my dog from Fable 2. That is why I wished for him back at the end of the game. I mean he was kind of a coward and all, but he stuck by my side in a sad lonely world.

"Zach" from Deadly Premonition. He's the best partner for York, heheh. Oh man, I love Deadly Premonition...

Your Pawn in Dragon's Dogma, Just as strong and good looking as a main character in the main game, and can be just as obnoxious when ported to someone else's games. I'd actually like to see this sort of custom, sharable, NPC companion maker in more RPGs.

My favorite video game companion? Hum... Navi from the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Who didn't love that little fairy who gave the gamer so much helpful information with her constant "Hey, listen." I hope the sarcasm comes out clearly over text.

I would have to agree with purpleguardian and go with Paper Mario. Nintendo did a fantastic job of incorporating sidekicks to help Mario out on his adventure- they're actually useful sidekicks too!

Hmm... Argos from SoC is definitely up there - particularly after he threw me to safety and appeared to die. However, I think my favorite would be my dog from Fable 2. That is why I wished for him back at the end of the game. I mean he was kind of a coward and all, but he stuck by my side in a sad lonely world.

*sniffle sniffle* I think I'm tearing up. I promised myself I wouldn't cry! That dog is pure awesome, I wished for him back too...

I assume that toejam is the fat one on Toejam and Earl? But patheticly I can't remember. Whenever my brother and I would play I enjoyed picking the "Patrick Starfish" looking Alien haha. We loved playing two player but waiting for each other to catch up was super annoying.

My favorite video game sidekick or sidekicks would have to be Donald and Goofy from the Kingdom Hearts series. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite series of all time. I love how they are in a different sort of element from the regualar Disney selves. Donald is a magician and Goofy is also a warrior. What else is great is how you are allowed to have other Disney sidekicks as well.

Argos from SoC for me. One of the best video game sidekicks ever in my opinion.

Oghren the dwarf from Dragon Age origins, he was an extremely cheerful guy and he was very full of wit.
[video=youtube;nS9atQ7YuGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS9atQ7YuGs[/video]

I saw someone is already talking about Donald/Goofy from Kingdom Hearts so I'm trying to think of someone else to toss in here. I mean, I could mention that Ellie from the Last of Us is a pretty decent AI companion. Its not really Xbox, but it is true. That character has a cool growth to her through the game and she's also deadly with a knife. Another side kick I could think of is Alex from the Half LIfe series. She's pretty awesome at life when it comes to protecting Gordon and she too grows so much through the games.

"Zach" from Deadly Premonition. He's the best partner for York, heheh. Oh man, I love Deadly Premonition...

It's incredible how for the entire game i always thought that Zach was the player and the game was just breaking the 4th wall left and right, but then the end comes and all of that happens and i am all like "oh snap, i was caught right where they wanted me!". Such a great game!

I don't know really but does that girl on borderlands count the one like demolition expert i can't remember her name something tina :)

Midna from Twilight Princess. She is smart, quirky, sassy and funny. One of the best companions in the Zelda series.

I also always liked being whichever bubble dragon was player two on Bubble Bobble!

Confession time. I actually liked being Luigi, because he was green.

Most likely Alyx Vance from Half Life 2. She is very likeable and should be a good reference model for developers when they try to make female "sidekicks". She can handle her own in a fight, is attractive (but not in that overly sexualized way, but in a believable realistic way) and has human characteristics and emotions. She's part of the reason I enjoyed Half Life 2 so much.

Because this is difficult, here are some answers with differing criteria:

Playable: Zero from the Mega Man X series - He's the character you use as a metric to see how much X improves over the course of the game. In all reality, X is pretty much Zero's sidekick at the start, and it's rewarding for the player to slowly become even stronger than him. He isn't playable until X3, and not fully playable until X4, so this isn't really the most accurate category, but oh well.

The lesser character of a duo: Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie and Tooie - Banjo may be the head honcho, but he wouldn't have any of his best moves without his cocky feathered friend. Kazooie is unapologetically abrasive, and makes the games more humorous as a result.

Frequently influences gameplay, but isn't playable: Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite - She throws you resources, can alter reality, and has a lot of depth as a character. She might seem like yet another damsel in distress at first, but you'll quickly learn that she's a very determined and handy young lady.

Doesn't largely influence gameplay: Alyx from Half-Life 2 - She's strong-willed and likeable, as well as cute without being sexualized.

Is playable in a limited sense: Epona from multiple Legend of Zelda games - In Ocarina, Epona is extremely valuable; nobody wants to walk across Hyrule Field every time, and she's the solution. All it takes is a quick song on your ocarina, and presto, there's your faithful horse. She's not nearly as handy in Majora's Mask, but still great as a companion for story reasons. I haven't fully played Twilight Princess, so I can't speak for her presence there.

*sniffle sniffle* I think I'm tearing up. I promised myself I wouldn't cry! That dog is pure awesome, I wished for him back too...

That was a wonderful dog - even moreso than Meat from Fallout3. I loved my dog and all the tricks he learned and how he stuck by me even when he could have just cowered away. I mean he managed to be useful and a comfort and an encouragement. "I have to be brave for my cowardly hound." And yes I named him Courage.

Argos from SoC for me. One of the best video game sidekicks ever in my opinion.

Argos was fantastic - he was necessary for several missions, he saved our life at the expense of his own, and he was great for covering all that ground. I loved that horse, and I wished he were real.

Back