Xbox One Who's excited for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor?

heavensdevil

Have you guys seen the gameplay walkthrough of the game's mechanics? Looks amazing in my opinion despite people saying that it's ripped off Assassin's Creed. I don't see any problem with that since all games are similar to each other nowadays. Actually I find it more similar to the Arkham games than Assassin's Creed to be honest. This game looks promising, it's definitely on my watch list for this year.

It does look interesting, I guess even if they say that this is a spinoff of assassin's creed I don't really mind getting this game. It looks really cool and original in my opinion.

Looks amazing in my opinion despite people saying that it's ripped off Assassin's Creed

Hmmmm... well, am I seeing the Mordor City? Joking asie, well, looks kinda interesting. As long as there's a demo around, I'd love to try out to see the feel for it.

I'm quite excited for that Nemesis system the narrator talked about. Can't wait to see how it is going to be implemented. It should be interesting to see how each player's actions will differ from one another if it can truly be done.

Well, let's hope this and all the other elements will come together to make it more distinct than the other games similar to it, like AC and the Arkham games. But it looks fun.

Hmmmm... well, am I seeing the Mordor City? Joking asie, well, looks kinda interesting. As long as there's a demo around, I'd love to try out to see the feel for it.

Same here. I just hope to see elements from Lord of the Rings on the game. I wish I can play Elf right away.

I wish it was trying to copy a more interesting combat system but it does look pretty good regardless.

[video=youtube;etsDLSPLtzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etsDLSPLtzI[/video]

first thing i have herd of it. seems ehh.. i have ac4 and dont play it no more.

In the game's defense, it's still too early to tell if the game is good or not because what was shown was pre-alpha. As with any other game, as excited as I am, I'm going to wait until more info and gameplay videos are released to truly judge it.

I agree. You need to get more info before you judge it, or better yet when it's available try it from someone who has it.

True, true. This is only early info. Some game we thought sucked at first gameplay suddenly rocked the more we saw of it. We'll have to reserve the judgement first.

Yeah I agree. I remember when I misjudged Ryse. I really thought the game sucked but apparently it was a cool game.

Same here, well at first I hated Ryse but after playing it for hours I did got into the game. It was the first game that I ever had from Xbox One.

So all we gotta do is wait for more info. Even games that seem like copycats might actually have distinction already. All we can do is wait for it.

Copycats, well I guess so, This somewhat reminds me of Elder Scrolls and Skyrim. I guess this has something else that might make it unique.

As long as this game is distinctive, give it to me. And as long as I can kick some Ogre's butts, and if they can make it happen... GOLLUM's BUTT!... then I'll get this game.

Have you guys seen the gameplay walkthrough of the game's mechanics? Looks amazing in my opinion despite people saying that it's ripped off Assassin's Creed. I don't see any problem with that since all games are similar to each other nowadays. Actually I find it more similar to the Arkham games than Assassin's Creed to be honest. This game looks promising, it's definitely on my watch list for this year.

Interesting game, IMO. I might try it if there's a demo. They might have something up their sleeves with the game so I might as well give it a chance first before we all put the copycat stamp on it.

We'll just have to wait what other details there are in the game. Will we have a chance to go stealthy? Will there be new ways to do the missions? Will it have appearances of well-known LOTR characters? There's a lot we don't know about this game so we can't judge just yet.

I'd be interested in seeing it and possibly playing it.

J

I'm all for this game. It's LORD OF THE RINGS. Bar for the SNES and Genesis games there have really been a bad Lord of the Rings games. None of them were really groundbreaking and presented something new, but there were good ones. So what it copies AC, there's really no truly original games that have taken from some combination of GTA, OoT, Mario 64, Gran Turismo, Wolfenstein, D&D, DQ/FF, Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear, Ico, etc and so on.

Some have even been blatant ripoffs and even fewer turned out to be better in execution that what it copied.

Back