Xbox One Who's excited for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor?

same here, I'm really really excited about this game. I've checked other videos online and it really is quite a masterpiece.

I'm all for this game. It's LORD OF THE RINGS. Bar for the SNES and Genesis games there have really been a bad Lord of the Rings games. None of them were really groundbreaking and presented something new, but there were good ones. So what it copies AC, there's really no truly original games that have taken from some combination of GTA, OoT, Mario 64, Gran Turismo, Wolfenstein, D&D, DQ/FF, Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear, Ico, etc and so on.

Some have even been blatant ripoffs and even fewer turned out to be better in execution that what it copied.

Amen to this. And you know what? Don't know why but I was just watching the opening minutes of The Hobbit on Netflix and now, my interest for this game has suddenly hyped up to a new level. I'm definitely gonna try this game when there's a chance to rent. I wanna know more!

You too huh? Yeah, my interest piked up. I have a good feeling about this game. I'll play it, sure. Give us a demo!

We'll just have to wait. But I am interested on how this ties to the exisiting LOTR lore. Will it add much value to what we already know in the story? As long as this prequel doesn't have to mess too much with the lore and just adds something that can really make the LOTR world more interesting,I'm in.

Does anyone know if it is coming out on the pc? Or is it just consoles or just xbox one? It looks good to me, i will be getting it but it seems more of the type of game that is easier on the pc than the console, we will see.

I'm not excited for this game, but I would pick it up. It does remind me of AC, but it's in a setting I'd prefer.

I feel the exact same way. I'm not sure whether to get this game honestly.

I think this game will be available soon on PC. If they release it there I would love to get it. Honestly, I'd rather have it on pc than on Xbox One. I'm quite used to the RPG games being played on pc aside from Final Fantasy.

I'm not excited for this game, but I would pick it up. It does remind me of AC, but it's in a setting I'd prefer.

Same sentiments really. Not bursting with excitement, but I would play this without a doubt. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 if I'd buy, I'd say 8.

Still close to buying it, but I admit I'm quite intrigued how this will turn out.

I guess you can count me in on this. I'm still thinking though if this will be like Lord of the rings online all over again or if this will be better.

I don't really think this will be anything like LOTR Online.

I guess you can count me in on this. I'm still thinking though if this will be like Lord of the rings online all over again or if this will be better.
looking at the graphics shown on the trailer I guess it's going to be way better than LOTRO.

It has a fairly original game mechanic that appears to built around Assasin's creed but is different enough to be it's own thing. Plus I'm really interested in the story of the main character, he sounds like a fascinating part of middle earth lore. Not to mention the graphics look amazing.

So far the game is pretty good... and man what a challenge. I am not sure if it is bugged or suppose to be like this... but it is really tough the way they throw enemies at you. Gameplay is similar to all AC games and Arkham games.... but the enemies are ten times harder at the start. You have certain orc captains that you need to kill to get your power level up which in turn unlocks your higher tear abilities which will make you stronger. The problem is, if a captain kills you, they level up and are even stronger the next time you fight them. So if one kills you multiple times, they will be extremely hard to kill... they can kill you in one hit at the start if they get high enough. Dealing with them one on one is not a problem, the true problem is when you attack one of them... 3 or 4 other captains magically come running to his help so you are now fighting 3 or 4 captains (not including all the regular orc armies that come as well). And if you die.. which you probably will, all 3 or 4 captains that were fighting you level up. So instead of the next time you being stronger and can kill them, THEY are stronger and you still are weak. I am at the point where I am thinking of just starting completely over and trying a different approach to the game.... Don't get me wrong, its fun, but very annoying that you isolate one captain and go to kill him and then 3 that are suppose to be clear across the map can show up in like 10 seconds to help in the fight. They need to turn this down because if an orc captain isn't even in the area, they should not come running to help.... If they just changed this feature, it would be more enjoyable and playable... like I said, not sure if this is a glitch or by design... but it is very annoying... I cant do anything because the captains I have to kill are now level 15 or higher and can kill me in one hit so I have to fight practically flawless to beat them... and that's just one... there are 3 attacking me at any given time even though I was just going after one and only one was in the area.....

Great and challenging game....

Last edited by a moderator:
intresting leveling/ui leveling.. thx for the report.. i havn't seen the game.. i may check it out on twitch.

After playing for a few days now, i can say i am really enjoying this game. The story, to lore, the graphic fighting. I didnt start over but changed my approach. Now that i am stronger and have more powers, killing is alot easier and alot more fun too. Once you unlock second and third tier powers the combat is alot of fun. So many neat was to kill. Also the stealth part of the game is great. If you were a fan of ac or arkham games and liked lord of the rings even slightly then you will love this game. Think of it as a graphic kill version of ac

Back